Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

not to discredit tim lincecum, but he was far from the best pitcher in baseball this year and certainly hasnt been close in the postseason either

him and wilson are legit, and cain and sanchez are good, but again arent top-flight talent. the giants have some very good players, but they are with the exception of posey, what we see is what we'll get with most of them

i love the way the giants are built and are hoping they can pull i out, but looking at things "objectively," i think that there are some non-playoff teams with more pure talent on their rosters than the giants

You are right-- he only beat Lowe, Holliday, and Cliff Lee. He also had a 15k game to open the playoffs. Cain only has a 0 ERA in the playoffs and was an Allstar a year ago. Giants outpitched the best pitchers in the game Oswalt, Hamels, Holliday, Cliff Lee, Lowe, etc..

what point are you arguing?

you think that lincecum was the best pitcher in the league this season or do you think that the giants roster is chock full of super star talent?

You said Lincecum was far from the best pitcher in the post season this year. Not saying he's the best but he has beat everyone you could possibly think is better. He had 15k's vs the braves possibly the most dominating performance of any pitcher in the post season this year. He also led the league in strikeouts.. So what's your point. How can you say there are non playoff teams with more talent.. They have probably most talented Pitching staff in baseball

You said Cain and Sanchez are not top flight pitchers... are you kidding me... Cain and Sanchez are better than most Ace's in the league. Cain has had a great year check out his ERA. Sanchez carried the Giants down the stretch..

You must not have followed the Giants much this year if you think they don't have the top or one of top rotations in baseball.

1. i do think that SF has one of the best staffs (in the majors actually).

2. regular season wise, i dont think that lincecum was anywhere near the best pitcher in the majors, which was actually the original point that was made. strikeouts mean little to me. ERA/WHIP wise, it was actually his worst season in a few years. i mean, wasnt his ERA around 3.5? and only because he finished off hot. iirc, he was actually pushing 4 for a while.

3. outside of his first start in the ALDS, he hasnt been his usual dominating self, imo...and having just looked at his stat lines, that's confirmed. yes, he beat cliff lee. i could have also beat cliff lee on wednesday, so color me not impressed.

4. i think cain and sanchez are very, very good pitchers, but i dont view them as staff aces anywhere--except for maybe on a middle of the pack pitching team. i also watched enough of the giants to know that that win totals are misleading they dont get any run support (especially sanchez). that said, i still dont view them as anchors the way i view lincecum.

cain has it in him, but i dont believe that he's there quite yet. if he continues next season where he leaves off this season, then yeah i would consider him a bonafide ace.

sanchez has ridiculous stuff too, but this really is the first year he's been able to put it all together. i guess we'll also know more about him next year, too

The best pitcher in the post season so far has been matt cain. He shut the rangers down last night, and hasnt given up a earned run in the playoffs. As far as lincecum i doubt he put the fear in the rangers hitters, cain on the other hand he pitched his butt off.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington