Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pete Rose BP jersey.

I haven't had much luck finding any photos of Rose 85-86 where you can see the back of the bp jersey. This is from a 87' Fleer but I assume the photo was taken in 86?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Received the jersey, I can see why the seller did not include photos of the sleeves. The rather than having the stripes on the sleeves going "white, red, white", this jersey is "red, white". Can we conclude this is a fake? I am sending it back.

Does the manufacturer's tag look like it has been added to the jersey, resewn, or otherwise fiddled with? Thanks.

looks to be held on the jersey pretty well, no loose strands or anything.

OK. Thanks.

I just checked my photo albums and can verify that the stripes on the sleeves should be white, red, white.

there is a thread about unwashed jerseys... if the jersey is unwashed maybe another rose collector that has an unwashed jersey can sniff it for you to see if it has the same body odor...now we can identify game worn jerseys by smell.......

Banned

Hang on, friends...the sleeve stripe issue may not be over yet.
    Ebay has a 1985-86 Goodman BP jersey of a coach, Gary Denbo, up for bids. Very unlikely that a Denbo BP would be forged. George Scherger wore #3 in 1985, but the 1986 spring roster, as well as Baseball Almanac's 1986 regular season player roster, both show no #3.

Item number:160515217670Item location:

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Pete Rose BP jersey.

I lost control of the post and was unable to add the point of the photos...the sleeves are white, red, white.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I lost control of the post and was unable to add the point of the photos...the sleeves are white, red, white.

Dave Miedema
    Dave, isn't that what has already been said? From anatfan09, "Received the jersey, I can see why the seller did not include photos of the sleeves. The rather than having the stripes on the sleeves going "white, red, white", this jersey is "red, white". Can we conclude this is a fake? I am sending it back." Then, from tacprc, "I just checked my photo albums and can verify that the stripes on the sleeves should be white, red, white."

It seems to me that the BP jersey of Denbo only provides more evidence that the Rose jersey was fake or at least altered.