Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Let's see some display room pics

i meant frames.

Rob,
    Now that is my style!! Nice job .... I prefer the wood grain slatwall but yours is nice and clean!
    Regards,
    Marty
    PS - I have 20 black slatwall fixtures for helmets if needed. They are paintable

Rob,
    Is the McGee jersey for sale or trade? I have a friend that has been looking for one for a while?
    Tahnks,
    Marty

One suggestion for all of you - look in your local phone book for "Store Fixtures". Almost every major city has at least one store that carries clothing racks, hangers, display cases, etc. all intended for retail. They usually also rent out the large glass display cases (think jewelry/watch cases from department stores) for conventions, trade shows and other similar events. Many of these stores also carry 'used' store fixtures that you can get at great prices. I saw one case that would be great for autographed hockey pucks, although it was really a doughnut case.

These stores are also great sources for inexpensive slatwall and related hardware, and even mannequins or body forms for jerseys. I have purchased a clothing rack for my jerseys, called a "29 ball spiral" which doesn't take a lot of space and only cost $25.

My point is that you can find some great display cases and related items for good prices. Especially on the used stuff, they always seem willing to negotiate on price - one warning, the places that sell these items are usually very chaotic looking and may not appear to be organized - you may have to do a little digging through some boxes of wood hangers to find the 'best' condition ones, etc.

Enjoy, and let me know if any of you are successful!

Joel Bradley
    Bradley Supplies
    www.bradleysupplies.com
    "Home of the Media Frame"

Banned

Nate, Hi. In reference to my Red Sox jerseys, I guess the best jersey in the collection is the jersey from 1975. It is all-original and was worn by Johnny Pesky. The rest are jerseys that were worn by common players. My goal was to get a RS jersey from every year the team wore some sort of commemorative patch. Jim

Here are a few pics from my Thome display room.. Roughly 12 game used jerseys and about 40 of his bats. Collection also includes cleats, gloves, and hats. Always looking for Thome game used items.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Outstanding Thome display! The Phillies turn back the clock jersey is one of my favorites. I've been watching the room photos closely and was wondering what cases you use for the jersey bat combos? Do you have a link to the company you purchase from? I really like the black background.

Thanks,
    Abe

Awseome Thome display ...Always liked him a true throwback player in the modern day era..Nice

Outstanding Thome display! The Phillies turn back the clock jersey is one of my favorites. I've been watching the room photos closely and was wondering what cases you use for the jersey bat combos? Do you have a link to the company you purchase from? I really like the black background.

Thanks,
    Abe

Abe, thanks for the props.. I got the phillies throw back from the Orioles.. Awesome gamer which he hit 2 homeruns in... Here is the website for the cases. About 107.00 each, easy to hang.

http://www.tcbulk.com/scripts/default.asp

Thanks for the info! I always love looking at your Thome collection. I really enjoyed watching him play while he was in Philly.

Abe