Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twinsfest

Re: Twinsfest

Seems like you belong in NY thenut. Correction, there's lots to do in MN every day of the year.

Well i am a minnesotan borned and raised.And after 55 years i am still waiting for the lots to do in minnesota that compares to like new york,los angeles,las vegas.But thanks for the correction.Yeah,it's called being sarcastic.As i knew if i said that i would get a comment from sylbry.I guess it's like in minnesota going fishing and the fish taking the bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by vonbrandingo View Post
    Seems like you belong in NY thenut. Correction, there's lots to do in MN every day of the year.

I'll be at Twins Fest again this year on the hunt for good (and cheap) items. Finding game used outside of the Twins Pro Shop and the auctions can be tricky. I'll be there Friday.

I know Shaun will have some game used twins items at his FanHQ table. Be sure to stop by and check his stuff out. He's got some nice JJ Hardy and Valencia items.

Banned

Punch,
    Do you know what JJ Hardy items Shaun has for sale? If not can you give me his email address. Please email me....

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    I'll be at Twins Fest again this year on the hunt for good (and cheap) items. Finding game used outside of the Twins Pro Shop and the auctions can be tricky. I'll be there Friday.

I know Shaun will have some game used twins items at his FanHQ table. Be sure to stop by and check his stuff out. He's got some nice JJ Hardy and Valencia items.
    If there are GU items there, are the prices generally cheaper than the Pro Shop items? They had a Luke Hughes jersey in the shop but at $350 was well over what I would and could spend...

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Punch,
    Do you know what JJ Hardy items Shaun has for sale? If not can you give me his email address. Please email me....
    I know he's for sure got some JJ batting gloves and cleats from his one and only Twins season. All signed. They had JJ in the store a few months ago. I'm not sure what else he might have though.

http://fanhqstore.com

I'd give him a call or send them an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    If there are GU items there, are the prices generally cheaper than the Pro Shop items? They had a Luke Hughes jersey in the shop but at $350 was well over what I would and could spend...

Mark.
    Game Used prices are all over the place at Twinsfest. Some shops (like FanHQ) know the "street value" and price things to realistic based on the what the items are going for on the open market, and some other shops price things into the stratosphere because they think "game used" means it's worth 5x more no matter what player it is. Really you just have to dig around, and haggle. Any price at Twinsfest can be negotiated

The best selection will obviously be at the Twins Pro Shop's table, and they tend to slash prices for Twinsfest and they will also discount things even further on Sunday (last day). They won't haggle over prices though, and the good items go quickly. Their prices for name players are high, but you can get good deals on lesser name guys.

Bad news though, Morneau's agent is canceling his Twinsfest appearance so he can continue his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Game Used prices are all over the place at Twinsfest. Some shops (like FanHQ) know the "street value" and price things to realistic based on the what the items are going for on the open market, and some other shops price things into the stratosphere because they think "game used" means it's worth 5x more no matter what player it is. Really you just have to dig around, and haggle. Any price at Twinsfest can be negotiated

The best selection will obviously be at the Twins Pro Shop's table, and they tend to slash prices for Twinsfest and they will also discount things even further on Sunday (last day). They won't haggle over prices though, and the good items go quickly. Their prices for name players are high, but you can get good deals on lesser name guys.
    Thanks Brian,

Luke only appeared in 2 games last season, I suppose finding a USED jersey would be a bit tough?

If anyone happens to see one there, or any GU Hughes stuff, PLMK the prices!

Thanks,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Thanks Brian,

Luke only appeared in 2 games last season, I suppose finding a USED jersey would be a bit tough?

If anyone happens to see one there, or any GU Hughes stuff, PLMK the prices!

Thanks,
    Mark.
    I'll keep my eyes open!

Mark,
    Rochester Red Wings usually has a stand there and they sell minor league GU shirts. I'll be there on the weekend for the auctions. I can stop by the table if you like.
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints