Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: WARNING: Mike Schultz (gamerbats7110,manica71,brewers1994,mes19712010)

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    When he sold me, rather when I was dumb enough to buy... the stupid Manny fake batting helmet, he said a bunch about being a ball boy in the American League in the early 90's and making trades with other ball boys and thus accumulating all of this nice stuff. And as you mentioned, he was rather bad on the phone and the letter I asked him to write was the work of a child. He even used some woman's account/email/paypal and said that was his girlfriend. Who is he supposed to be in those pics? The idiot with the sweet wind pants or the sunburned arms guy? And sure looks a lot like the County Stadium outfield wall! Is there anything beyond warning each other about this guy that we can do to keep him away forever? Would the local authorities care enough to pursue something? I really do hate this shady character!
    *Bat boy (whatever)

Banned

I love those pictures he tried those on me to a long time ago. Anyone can stand by Yount and get their picture taken. The other pictures you can't even make out who it is. He's a real clown and I wish he would get banned from here for good. He keeps pulling this crap over and over and nothing happens. Just stay away from him...

my 2 cents on those pics is that those were taking during ST and most teams grabs kids from the stands to be the bat/ball boy and have made a practice of this for years.

No comment on anything else though, just wanted to point that out.

This guy tried to sell me a bunch of Jeter bats in December. I happened to be in Chicago working for a few days and he was hot to trot to come down and do a transaction in person. I looked at the pics he sent and something just smelled bad. He also had Arod bats, cleats and a glove. Had no idea it was Mike Schultz. He was using the basketballbones email. Thankfully I followed my instincts and stayed away.

The story he told me is that he was a bat boy for the Cubs in the early 90's and had pics to prove it. Of course he sent me the pics with Robin Yount, etc. and a fuzzy team photo from 1993.

Still trying to figure out how a pic with Robin Yount proves you were a bat boy with the Cubs.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He's now selling on ebay as midwestcollect11. He had the Steve Carlton bat with the fuzzy pictures that closed last week.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Ken,
    Thanks for the update. This guy is nothing but trouble stay away!!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_burner View Post
    Bumping this because I just wanted to point out that "basketballbones" who just got banned due to his posts in the auction forum concerning the Albert Pujols bat IS Mike Schulz, whom we were discussing here in this thread. This is one of the threads:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=40852

I have no opinion on the Pujols bat and I have never seen anything to imply that Bert is anything other than a valuable member of the GU community.

What I do find ironic is the balls of Mike Schulz to come on here and start a post like that when he himself is a known crook. So I just wanted to bump this in the event any of you come across this swindler. basketballbones@juno.com is one of his email addresses. He likes to tell people that he was a bat boy to help sell his doctored items to you. And will probably email you the pics below to try to drive it home. You can see examples of his poor writing style in his posts in those threads, and his emails are just about the same, rambling and incoherent. He starts new ebay accounts quite often so keeping up with them is a challenge. Jamie has listed several of them in this thread. So if you receive an email from that address or see pics like these, stay away.
    he looks a bit old for a batboy. what a joke. i would be ashamed to do and say something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    he looks a bit old for a batboy. what a joke. i would be ashamed to do and say something like this.
    Batman?

was burned by him when I first got into the hobby about 6 years ago with a purchase of 3 bats...same stories and pictures were sent...he even sent an loa...live and learn
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net