Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jay Cutler's knee?

I think it is really interesting that pro football players are coming out in droves on Twitter to skewer Jay Cutler for not returning during the second half of the NFC Championship game. Deion Sanders apologized to Bears fans and questioned Cutler's heart; Derrick Brooks similarly questioned his guts and his heart; Maurice Jones Drew told him he played an entire season on a bad knee; others had similar comments about how he quit on the Bears. Today it was announced he tore his MCL.

I am interested to hear how all football fans feel but specifically how the Bears fans on this board feel about Cutler today. I realize how disappointed you are in the loss and how 2 bad passes by a third string nobody QB were the difference between going home and going to Dallas. But:

Do you agree with other players not wearing Navy jerseys that he has no heart and quit on the team? Even though their Captain said the right things, because Urlacher is a true leader, no one outside the Bears has defended him.

Do you feel Lovie pulled him on a lack of faith and shouldn't have?

More importantly, if Hanie doesn't throw the ball to the 500 pound Godzilla in a Packers jersey or the Packers drop that last minute interception, the Bears might have found a way to win. Is any of this an issue today? In other words, is it only because they lost that people feel Cutler is the scapegoat?

He was pretty bad before the injury (6/14 for 80 yards, an INT and a Fumble) does that affect your stance on him?

I tore my ACL in Israel in 2005. It still hurts some days in 2011. Now, I know I am not a pro football player nor an athlete but this isn't a black and blue mark that will heal in 2 weeks or a charley horse. One more serious shot to that leg and Jay might never walk without pain the rest of his life. Then again, it's not a far stretch that Jay Cutler may never get the opportunity to play in another Super Bowl again in his life, either.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Re: Jay Cutler's knee?

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I think it is really interesting that pro football players are coming out in droves on Twitter to skewer Jay Cutler for not returning during the second half of the NFC Championship game. Deion Sanders apologized to Bears fans and questioned Cutler's heart; Derrick Brooks similarly questioned his guts and his heart; Maurice Jones Drew told him he played an entire season on a bad knee; others had similar comments about how he quit on the Bears. Today it was announced he tore his MCL.

I am interested to hear how all football fans feel but specifically how the Bears fans on this board feel about Cutler today. I realize how disappointed you are in the loss and how 2 bad passes by a third string nobody QB were the difference between going home and going to Dallas. But:

Do you agree with other players not wearing Navy jerseys that he has no heart and quit on the team? Even though their Captain said the right things, because Urlacher is a true leader, no one outside the Bears has defended him.

Do you feel Lovie pulled him on a lack of faith and shouldn't have?

More importantly, if Hanie doesn't throw the ball to the 500 pound Godzilla in a Packers jersey or the Packers drop that last minute interception, the Bears might have found a way to win. Is any of this an issue today? In other words, is it only because they lost that people feel Cutler is the scapegoat?

He was pretty bad before the injury (6/14 for 80 yards, an INT and a Fumble) does that affect your stance on him?

I tore my ACL in Israel in 2005. It still hurts some days in 2011. Now, I know I am not a pro football player nor an athlete but this isn't a black and blue mark that will heal in 2 weeks or a charley horse. One more serious shot to that leg and Jay might never walk without pain the rest of his life. Then again, it's not a far stretch that Jay Cutler may never get the opportunity to play in another Super Bowl again in his life, either.
    Not a Bears fan (Vikings all the way), but only Cutler knows how bad is knee really was. If bad, and he continued to play, it would have only hurt the team even more. They almost pulled it out, and I was cheering for them.

He seemed to have given up, is why I believe everyone is shouting out as they are. I only wish he wouldn't have kept so much to himself, and was over with the other QB's helping and guiding them, as a QB leader.

There's no doubt he was bummed because he wasn't doing all that great. Do I think he quit? We'll never really know.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I am not a Bears fan, but seeing Cutler walking around on the sideline pissed me off...

I played lacrosse in college and partially tore my ACL before the National Championship game... the trainers held me together with tape and a brace... and I went out and played, nothing was keeping me off that field

You hear about guys in hockey taking a puck to the face, losing their teeth and barely missing a shift... Even in football... guys play hurt all the time... and I know I am going to screw up this story, but I want to say it was Ronnie Lott who broke his finger, and the trainer was going to take him out of the game, and instead he just cut it off...

or what about Rothlesberger... (for as much as I hate the steelers, you have to respect the toughness)... earlier this year, the Ravens broke his nose... sprained his ankle... and simply beat the living crap out of the guy... what di he do? He stayed in and won the game

Culter was a puss yesterday... nothing else
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Bear's new Quarterback...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How many times in the first half did Lovie Smith choose to punt instead of going for field goals or going for it on fourth down?

Once it was 11 net yards difference after the punt. Why not go for it on fourth down?

Coaching lost them the game as well.

You are right, take away one of the two interceptions (to the Freezer) by Hanie and add in a field goal or two in the first half and the Bears are in the Super Bowl........
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    and I know I am going to screw up this story, but I want to say it was Ronnie Lott who broke his finger, and the trainer was going to take him out of the game, and instead he just cut it off...
    He broke it in a game and had it cut off after the end of the 1985 season.

I'm tired of people focousing on Cutlers knee as the problem for there lose yesterday. Heck he played like crap. He threw 1 interception, couldn't hit the receivers and they scored NO POINTS in the first half when he was in there. That's what the focus should be on when there talking about him directly. Not his knee and if he was faking it or didn't play hurt. Maybe if he would have stayed in the whole game they might have still lost and big time with more interceptions. Who knows but the first half was terrible with him in there healthy.

The Chicago Bears lost that football game. That's right, THE TEAM. No one person is to blame. You practice as a team, you play as a team, you win as a team, and you lose as a team. Period.

With that being said - I play football (at the semi-pro level). One thing I have learned is that as soon as you wince in front of a trainer, they have to pull you aside and look at you, and make a professional decision as to whether or not you will return to the field. Once the trainers get to you, it is no longer the players decision. Therefore, you have 2 options...

1) Man up and play through it.

2) Or, be left to the mercy of the trainers, and let them decide for you.

Jay Cutler did not leave that game. He was pulled. Therefore, whatever his diagnosis was/is is completely irrelevant to the loss in Chicago yesterday.

I openly called him out yesterday and am now sorry I did now that more information has surfaced. What bothered me was when he told the sideline reporter he doesn't remember when he hurt it. That, and the walking around. But as some have said, he wasn't performing well anyway.

For as bad at the Bears played, they still had a shot and I blame the stupid timeout called on 3rd and 3 when they had momentum on the last drive. The Packers D was tired, the Bears broke the huddle late, and had the perfect play called to get the 1st and pick up a nice bunch of yards on a cutback run... but Lovie or Martz or whoever asked for a last second timeout and we all know how that worked out.

I'm surprised the Packers are the early favorite in the SB but figure the neutral site and the turf have a lot to do with it.