Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twinsfest

Re: Twinsfest

That would be great guys.

I emailed the Red Wings and Chuck Hinkle told me that the sell broken bats in store during the season. Also emailed Barb Moore at the RedWings but never heard back.

Justin Huber also played for the RedWings (and is returning this year), not sure if any of his stuff is lying around. Looking for jersey's around the $100 mark...

Thanks!
    Mark.

@Punch/Brian R.

...if you go and you remember I'd be interested in acquiring any Line-ups featuring Frank Thomas. Don't know if you'd be down. Shoot me an email when you can.

wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    @Punch/Brian R.

...if you go and you remember I'd be interested in acquiring any Line-ups featuring Frank Thomas. Don't know if you'd be down. Shoot me an email when you can.

wade
    Funny you say that, I just spotted one of those the other day. Sent you an email.

I have one of the dugout lineup cards from his 500th HR game.
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Anyone see anything from Liriano?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonStatus View Post
    Anyone see anything from Liriano?
    Starts tomorrow.

Just a quick game used update from Twinsfest. The Twins Pro Shop is selling some bats, some locker nameplates, 3 helmets, and a ton of jerseys. They had a ton of bats in the $20 cheapy bin, but they got picked through really quickly. I grabbed the last Alexi Casilla and all that was really left were a ton of Brendan Harris and Orlando Cabrera. In the pro shop's "good bin" they had 2 Morneau's, a bunch of Cuddy, a bunch of Delmon, and a couple Span's. Morneau's were $650! Rest were 150-200. All MLB holo'd.
    Their helmet prices were insane. They had a Kubel for $600! Same with the locker plates, they wanted 400 bucks for Morneau and like 300-350 for everyone else. I didn't even bother to look at the Jerseys because they had so many of them.

As far as game used items NOT in the pro shop, again Shaun over at FanHQ had by far the best selection. All that I found outside of FanHQ was a really early Gladden bat for $175, and some guy with a few garbage pales full of a hodgepodge of bats (all really beat up, and not from game use). He had a Hunter and then a ton of no-names. Nothing I'd buy. Really there wasn't anything of note.

Shaun however, at www.fanhqshop.com has a TON of cool stuff at his table. He gets this stuff from players that either do in-store signings or players for whom he runs their websites. Some of his items:

-Valencia game used 2010 jerseys signed
    -Valencia game used rookie season bat signed
    -Valencia stars & stripes game used hat (no holo, Valencia's personal one) signed
    -Few pairs of Valencia batting gloves
    -JJ hardy cleats and gloves
    -Hunter game used helmet
    -Sidney Rice game used cleats
    -Morenau batting gloves
    -Cuddyer batting gloves
    -a couple of Cuddyer baseball mitts, INCLUDING the actual first-baseman mit he used in the famous "game 163" vs the Tigers in 2009. By far the coolest game used item for sale at the entire event. Shaun just got a box of stuff directly from Cuddyer (he does his website) and Cuddy put that glove in. It's signed and inscribed as being used in game 163. It's really awesome. He hasn't sold it yet, and wants like $800 (money goes to Cuddy's charity). It's freakin awesome. Someone on here has to buy that thing!

Ooops, his store's website is www.fanhqstore.com. Look for his table at Twinsfest!

Just wanted to drop my two cents about Twinsfest (although Punch's update is right on in my opinion).

First, the alternate site worked o.k. today (although I wasn't one of the thousands that braved the line for the Mauer or Thome autographs -- so many people so little time that there are always complaints) but it is tough to imagine that it is going to be sufficient to handle the typical Saturday crowds at Twinsfest.

Second, a number of third-parties brought in athletes (current and former) to sign this year which has happened in the past but this year some former Twins players are in the mix (Reardon and Kaat) and that lead to some pretty lengthy lines at those tables (which aren't located in areas where lines are meant to be formed). It was also nice to see Jeremy Hellickson signing for two days at the event. Since this is Twinsfest (focus on the Twins part of that title), most of the people would stand in line all day for a middle of the road Twins prospect that won't ever reach the bigs whereas Hellickson sat without a line for most of the two hours he was signing today. I plan on doing my part to remedy that tomorrow!

Third, events like Twinsfest remind me about the best parts of this hobby. I got to meet Reardon, Hrbek and a number of other guys that were genuinely happy to be a part of the event and meeting fans. I also got to hang out and/or speak with Andy Benish (thanks again for helping me out) and sylbry today and tomorrow will try to unearth some game used items with Tay1038 -- a group of really good guys that I've met through the hobby that have taught me a lot about Twins game used memorabilia.

Looking forward to Day Two!

Again, if anyone stumbles across Luke Hughes game USED (not issued) items for cheap, please let me know. Maybe he was in the $20 bin! Grant Balfour also spent some time there 2001-2005. If there is any certified gear from either two I would be keen!

Thanks,
    Mark.