Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Hines Ward game used pics

Yeah being a steelers fan in the 80's was not easy, was it.Heck even the 90's.We sure had to go threw some bad seasons to get to the good ones now.I am just glad i got a chance to cheer for them again.As i have been a steelers fan since the 70's so i got to cheer for them then and get to cheer for them now.I think the team from the 70's could have duplicated if it was not for free agency (ruined the game) but if we would have beat the packers.Well they would calling it a ben ben dyansty....so close
    Quote Originally Posted by lambertisgod58 View Post
    I do feel very fortunate that I chose to be a Steelers fan when I was very young. Not only because of the success they've had, but because of the quality players we've had over the years. Enduring the 80's as a Steelers fan wasn't easy. The Steelers of the 70's will never be duplicated. Although I dislike every team in the ol' AFC Central and now the AFC North, I respect every team. And there are players on other teams I do cheer for.....Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis.

mbenga28

so right now, it's just Hines Ward selling his own items or are other Steelers available through their own website?

Hi mbenga28,

From what I have been able to find, it's just Hines (for now). I know he is doing it to support his charity, helping hands. The only other items I have seen have been at JO Sports, and even then it was mostly Steelers that were no longer with the team (Santonio, Willie Parker, Tyrone Carter). Even with Ryan Clark, his stuff went up when they thought he was going to sign with Miami, but at the last moment of course he stayed in Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure lambertisgod got his Hines items at JO, however.

Jo Sports have lots of nice Bengal items: cleats, gloves and jerseys from some quality players like Ocho "now I'm Chad again" and Carson Palmer, among others. My cousin is from near Cincy, and though he rubbed in it pretty hard in the 80's (including sending me the then new striped helmet logo hat for Christmas), he is awfully quite these days .

@jobathenut,

You are right, the 80's were down right awful with QBs like Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Campbell and Brister. But even then, they managed to get to an AFC Championship and shock some playoff teams like the great Elway in Denver, and beat Glanville in Houston during the wild card round.

In the 90's, the team losing in '94 to San Diego in the AFC Championship and in '97 to Denver both stung, but neither were as bad as Neil "f@ck!n%" O'Donnell throwing two picks to a wide open Larry Brown in Super Bowl XXX.

But, through it all, there were bright spots, like them being the only team to beat the '84 Niners, at Candlestick no less. Or, beating Elway in his first ever playoff start. Plus, Blitzburgh in the 90's and that great defense with Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Green, Chad Brown and Levon Kirkland giving a Dallas dynasty all it could handle in SB XXX. Man, good times!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    so right now, it's just Hines Ward selling his own items or are other Steelers available through their own website?
    It is just Hines through what purports to be his official site. The prices are very high though $4,500 for a gamer! If this becomes a trend and the scarcity factor goes away don't see how that price holds up down the line. To correct the record last year JO sold other Steelers items including Troy Polamalu they just were very limited quantity and never made the website they sent around an email when they did it and there was some discussion on here about it.

thanks what were the items and prices for Polamalu?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    thanks what were the items and prices for Polamalu?
    I did not inquire because I am not a Steelers fan. They do not put prices in their emails. I heard second hand Polamalu was priced for a jersey the same as Adrian Peterson so like $7k plus. They had a bunch I will try to dig out the email that named the players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I did not inquire because I am not a Steelers fan. They do not put prices in their emails. I heard second hand Polamalu was priced for a jersey the same as Adrian Peterson so like $7k plus. They had a bunch I will try to dig out the email that named the players.
    Ok I found the email the others were James Harrison and Lamar Woodley. What they had I have no idea.

has JO or any store sold Roethlisberger game used or game ready items?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    has JO or any store sold Roethlisberger game used or game ready items?
    Only thing Ive seen were two pairs of pink cleats on NFL Auctions last season. Sold for $1,000s.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Only thing Ive seen were two pairs of pink cleats on NFL Auctions last season. Sold for $1,000s.
    were they game used or game model?