Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Authentic Kubel Jersey?

Bryan, lets be realistic, how many jersey's do you think they have sold? Not many in my opinion. I was at Twinsfest and not a single person I saw even thought about paying those prices. I sold a 09 Kubel JRD Jersey with the holo for $225 as you can see in my feedback. I believe it is a fair price considering they are not holo'd.

I firmly believe 100% that this jersey is legit as I don't believe my guy would do that to me, but I also don't want my reputation to be tarnished either. I will end the auction and send them to you to inspect if you wish. You know my email address, shoot me your address and I will send them off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Sure you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have a BIN of $225 when you know the Pro Shop is asking $400 for a coaches jersey from the 2010 season.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Bryan, lets be realistic, how many jersey's do you think they have sold? Not many in my opinion. I was at Twinsfest and not a single person I saw even thought about paying those prices. I sold a 09 Kubel JRD Jersey with the holo for $225 as you can see in my feedback. I believe it is a fair price considering they are not holo'd.

I firmly believe 100% that this jersey is legit as I don't believe my guy would do that to me, but I also don't want my reputation to be tarnished either. I will end the auction and send them to you to inspect if you wish. You know my email address, shoot me your address and I will send them off to you.
    What is sending me the jersey going to prove? It is straight from the factory, thus a perfect match to what a gamer should look like. Do you want me to compare it to the pro cut jersey I mistakenly bought off of ebay from that seller? But hey, for $30 why not roll the dice.

Who's reputation are we taking about, Jesse or Gavin?
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

I guess I don't know what more I can do other than to just keep them. I know that I picked them up from Target Field on Wednesday, but I guess prior to that, I don't know where they originated. I believe that the guy I got them from is trustworthy and wouldnt do it, but who knows.

Bryan, you seem to have some sort of problem with me, which is your choice I guess. I try very hard to do the right things, but I guess you see it differently.

(And yes, my real name is Jesse as you seem to feel the need to bring up. I was banned before for calling a moderator a "board nazi". It was a mistake on my part and never should have said it. I will probably get banned again now. Thanks.)

What is sending me the jersey going to prove? It is straight from the factory, thus a perfect match to what a gamer should look like. Do you want me to compare it to the pro cut jersey I mistakenly bought off of ebay from that seller? But hey, for $30 why not roll the dice.

Who's reputation are we taking about, Jesse or Gavin?

Here are the ads on Craigs List. Interesting that he had a BIN of 225 on CL and it didn't sell. Not it is 350 on CL.
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...234599712.html
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...234605484.html

Banned

WOW! After reading that now, The Thome jersey up for auction here
    http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...-Jersey-GU-8.5 might not be real now.
    Someone there bought a Thome jersey from the original seller on Ebay.

Quote:
    Post subject: Re: Game Used?
    Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Location: Duluth, MN/Superior, WI I pulled the trigger on the last Thome. The seller accepted my offer, and for the price -of a future HOF player no less - it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    I guess I don't know what more I can do other than to just keep them. I know that I picked them up from Target Field on Wednesday, but I guess prior to that, I don't know where they originated. I believe that the guy I got them from is trustworthy and wouldnt do it, but who knows.

Bryan, you seem to have some sort of problem with me, which is your choice I guess. I try very hard to do the right things, but I guess you see it differently.

(And yes, my real name is Jesse as you seem to feel the need to bring up. I was banned before for calling a moderator a "board nazi". It was a mistake on my part and never should have said it. I will probably get banned again now. Thanks.)
    What can you do? I guess you could send it back to your "source" or sell it as something other than game used. But that is for you to decide.

I have no problem with any one in this hobby. Everyone who collects game used items are people who enjoy the game, the history of the game, and to a certain extent being close to the game. I respect that. What I have a problem with is items that enter the hobby that are not what they truly are. I have spent nearly 20 years studying, enjoying, and collecting Twins and only Twins game used jerseys. So you will have to forgive me if I get a little annoyed when something I know is false is said to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    WOW! After reading that now, The Thome jersey up for auction here
    http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...-Jersey-GU-8.5 might not be real now.
    Someone there bought a Thome jersey from the original seller on Ebay.

Quote:
    Post subject: Re: Game Used?
    Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Location: Duluth, MN/Superior, WI I pulled the trigger on the last Thome. The seller accepted my offer, and for the price -of a future HOF player no less - it will be worth it.
    Twice on this forum I have warned about that jersey. VA should be ashamed of themselves. But I get it. Action houses adds legitimacy meanwhile allowing collectors to sell junk while keeping their reputation.

Twice on this forum I have warned about that jersey. VA should be ashamed of themselves. But I get it. Action houses adds legitimacy meanwhile allowing collectors to sell junk while keeping their reputation.
    Just by looking at those tags you can tell that it probably wasn't used. They look like brand new.

Bryan, It does appear that maybe I was taken here. I know you don't believe I have a "source", but I do and he has provided me with many great bats over the past couple years. Several of which have been photomatched.

Anyway, in light of the information you have brought up, I will be trying to return these to him. I would never want to sell something to someone that isnt what I believe it to be.

There's no way I would have listed them as game used in the first place if I didnt believe they actually were. They look proper and show use. But again, you bring up information that leads me to believe that they may not be.

I appreciate your help with this.