Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: I Just Got My Bo Bat Back From Psa/Dna "All Star Game Bat"

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Is that bottom pick from the HR Derby in '89? Did they use regular season baseballs during the derby?

I only say it because Bo looks like he's wearing a hat in the bottom photo.

Dave
    Dave -

Yes, that is the HR Derby. Besides the hat, look at the background. You can see the Red Rail of the dugout and it's filled with photographers and guys in suits. In the other pictures the dugout is filled with players.

I too would like to see photos of the other bat.

For what it's worth, here are pictures of my AUTO'd Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bat:

And YES, mine has the large LOUISVILLE on the other side of the barrel as well. PSA/DNA Certified. I can post pics of the barrell back and COA if anyone is intersted.

- Smitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIZHQHl5jI4

Hard to say for sure at low resolution, but the knob does not appear to have writing on the bottom.

Even at low res though, you can clearly see the big Louisville logo is very smeared.

I used to take my Bo replica (below) to the cages, so I can attest to how smeared that logo gets.

If you can find a good photo or better resolution video, it should be pretty easy to match to that smear pattern, assuming the bat didn't get used much after that game.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Dave -

Yes, that is the HR Derby. Besides the hat, look at the background. You can see the Red Rail of the dugout and it's filled with photographers and guys in suits. In the other pictures the dugout is filled with players.

I too would like to see photos of the other bat.

For what it's worth, here are pictures of my AUTO'd Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bat:

And YES, mine has the large LOUISVILLE on the other side of the barrel as well. PSA/DNA Certified. I can post pics of the barrell back and COA if anyone is intersted.

- Smitty
    Can you please post or email me the coa I am just interested in reading it kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by therealaxis View Post
    Can you please post or email me the coa I am just interested in reading it kansascitysportszone@gmail.com
    Here are scans of the LOAs from PSA/DNA. They note the Professional Model Bat made for Promotional Appearances...

All the best -

Smitty

My bat does not have Bo written on the top nor the bottom only the AMI bat has that trait.I have all of the photos scott has and it is impossible to come up with an exact photo match which is the only reason john said he can not put in writing mine is the HR bat,he also told me he is aware of scott and does not believe he is the owner of the HR bat due to his research.I have footage of the game on its way to my house right now should be here tomorrow or sat and hopefully I can put this to rest finally!

Can we get an update on this? Did you receive the video and were you able to find anything conclusive?

Thnaks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Can we get an update on this? Did you receive the video and were you able to find anything conclusive?

Thnaks,
    Dave
    I did intact get the video back and although my bat is a perfect style match there is no 100 pecent conclusive angles or shots from the 89 all star game footage which also makes me wonder how Scott video matched his bat to the game?Another interesting piece of info I did find was that out of all four at bats if I remember correctly Bo only made contact with the ball 3 times I believe I may be wrong but I know it was no more then 4 I will have to go back and double check though.In my humble opinion it is my belief I do infact own the bat used to hit the homerun and it was also used during the season after the mid summer classic.I am still searching for any conclusive photo or video evidence that I may have missed so if any one has anything that may help please feel free to contact me at Kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

therealaxis, your bat was not only NOT used in the All Star Game, I don't believe it was ever used by Bo Jackson period.

In my opinion the bat is a bad fake made by someone not smart enough to use a real 1989 All Star Game ball. Wishing it was something other than it is doesn't make it so. The PSA/DNA authenticator's letter didn't have any confidence that your bat was used in the 1989 All Star Game either, did he? Did you actually read the letter before making your boastful comments that aren't supported by the facts?

During the 1989 All Star Game, simultaneously Nike kicked off the "Bo Knows" shoe campaign. Immediately following the game Bo was the most popular and photographed athlete in the country, yet no evidence exists of Bo having ever used a block "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star bat during the regular season. It's because he didn't, and your bat with it's blue regular season ball marks is a fraud.

I'll step it up a notch with a challenge. I have a crisp $50 bill for the first person who can post a legit image of Bo Jackson using one of the special block lettered reverse "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star Game Louisville Slugger J93 bats during a regular season game.

Consider it a favor from me to you, since your bat wasn't used in the All Star Game at least you'll know your bat isn't a worthless fake if someone can substantiate its regular season use. But I'm not holding my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    therealaxis, your bat was not only NOT used in the All Star Game, I don't believe it was ever used by Bo Jackson period.

In my opinion the bat is a bad fake made by someone not smart enough to use a real 1989 All Star Game ball. Wishing it was something other than it is doesn't make it so. The PSA/DNA authenticator's letter didn't have any confidence that your bat was used in the 1989 All Star Game either, did he? Did you actually read the letter before making your boastful comments that aren't supported by the facts?

During the 1989 All Star Game, simultaneously Nike kicked off the "Bo Knows" shoe campaign. Immediately following the game Bo was the most popular and photographed athlete in the country, yet no evidence exists of Bo having ever used a block "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star bat during the regular season. It's because he didn't, and your bat with it's blue regular season ball marks is a fraud.

I'll step it up a notch with a challenge. I have a crisp $50 bill for the first person who can post a legit image of Bo Jackson using one of the special block lettered reverse "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star Game Louisville Slugger J93 bats during a regular season game.

Consider it a favor from me to you, since your bat wasn't used in the All Star Game at least you'll know your bat isn't a worthless fake if someone can substantiate its regular season use. But I'm not holding my breath!
    Scott I didn't realize you were such an expert in the game used bat field.I spoke to john several times regarding my bat and never once did he say he even had a thought of my bat being fake infact it was quite the opposite.He said it was his feeling I am the owner of the home run bat.My bat came a source in which I know personaly and have for several years and the confidence I have in him personal means a great deal to me.I know for a fact he has owned my bat for over 15 years before finally deciding to part with it due to a divorce.I contacted your source on eBay regarding this situation and his words exactly were "I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as yours being the home run bat".He said he did not sell your bat as the bat that hit the homer simply as an all star bat with no coa.I am honestly not in to personal attacking people items publicly but the way you keep insisting you own the homer bat but won't prove it leaves me no choice.I will up the ante I will papal you $100 to post the indisputable evidence you have that you are intact of the home run bat!

will up the ante I will papal you $100 to post the indisputable evidence you have that you are intact of the home run bat!

For shits and giggles, so will I, that's $200....

Dave

I know my opinion wasnt asked for and is probobaly not needed but I know for a fact that the first shipments of big block letter LOUSIVILLE bats that were shipped to Adaconad Kay were J93's beacuse my father bought about a dozen of them and sold them as what they were game model bats. If we bought that many of them i know there must be many more out there. This fight isnt going to end and with the low resoultion footage for the game a match isnt possible. If it belonged to me I would feel very confident that your bat is a game used all star game bat from at least the Home Run Durby or Batting Practice looking at the pine tar pattern and tape application it looks too good to have been done by someone trying copy it .
    Mike Sharon