Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Manny Ramirez game used 555th career HR jersey

I really do not get why a one game specialty jersey would shoot up to anything above $1500, regardless of what number home run jersey it was. You guys really think that a last HR jersey for a shirt worn one game would increase in value to $5k-10k because the guy was found to be a drug cheat who was basically forced to retire from baseball?

I do own a photomatched home 09 jersey which was photomatched to multiple home runs in April-May 2009 prior to his first 50 game suspension and am close on a photomatch to a home 2010 HR jersey used to hit his second home run of the year. Email me at mannygameused@gmail.com if interested on seeing the pics.

Banned

IMO the question is not value but why a collector would want it. Manny cheated himself, his teamates, his family, his opponents, the fans and everyone else. The guy has been caught three times. It shows that either he is a total moron or more likely he just does not care. he made his $200 million now good bye and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSportsFan View Post
    Andrew:

Rumor has it that this jersey was purchased by a high end game used collector out of the Los Angeles area Steve Mears. I emailed Mr. Mears without any response so far. If he has it can anybody confirm this. I would pay right now $10,000 for that jersey without question.

Joe
    Wow. Really? What a joke!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Some excellent points during the game on ESPN last night. My favorite was from Orel who basically said, the HOF is quickly becoming a place in the heart of each individual fan, not so much whether or not a player lands in Cooperstown one day. I think I may just run with that one... I agree 100%. They also said that the Hall is starting to look more like a museum with everything that's happened the last few years. I like that too.

Why all of us are trying to make conclusive comments about Manny just a couple days after this all happened is beyond me. And comparing him to Jason Giambi is just stupid. Paying a guy millions of dollars for being at the top of his profession has no direct correlation with stuff like how many babies he was seen kissing.

BostonSportsFan - I'm sure Andrew will get ahold of you if he hasn't already. I agree the jersey probably went up in value for the small number of us who still consider Manny one of the best we've ever seen with our own eyes. I'm smart enough to acknowledge that number is getting smaller by the day. But to each his own.

Banned

I finally heard back from Steve Mears and he said he had no interest in a $10,000 offer for the Manny jersey. He said he wouldn't even take $15,000 for it as it was a much needed part of his Manny Ramirez HR collection. I am not going over $10,000 as that was my top end. I even offered to trade him a game used Pauly Pierce Boston jersey as part of the deal plus cash and he said no dice.

As far as this being some type of "joke" as Rob L states, everyone has their area of interest. I am guessing that all of the Manny collectors on here are not going to suddenly liquidate their entire collections now that Manny has tested postive for another banned substance since we have been down this road before.

Everyone can collect what they enjoy collecting and if someone finds value in an item then all the better for them and it is what it is. Obviously since my $10k offer to Mr. Mears would not get the deal done, I am not the only one that is willing to pay at a higher level for Manny gear.

As Mr. Dave Grob says "Enjoy what you collect and collect what you enjoy"

Joe

I finally heard back from Steve Mears and he said he had no interest in a $10,000 offer for the Manny jersey. He said he wouldn't even take $15,000 for it as it was a much needed part of his Manny Ramirez HR collection. I am not going over $10,000 as that was my top end. I even offered to trade him a game used Pauly Pierce Boston jersey as part of the deal plus cash and he said no dice.
    The nerve of him!

As far as this being some type of "joke" as Rob L states, everyone has their area of interest. I am guessing that all of the Manny collectors on here are not going to suddenly liquidate their entire collections now that Manny has tested postive for another banned substance since we have been down this road before.

Everyone can collect what they enjoy collecting and if someone finds value in an item then all the better for them and it is what it is. Obviously since my $10k offer to Mr. Mears would not get the deal done, I am not the only one that is willing to pay at a higher level for Manny gear.

As Mr. Dave Grob says "Enjoy what you collect and collect what you enjoy"

Joe
    I really dont get how a jersey can jump from lets say $1200-$1500 to $10,000-$15,000 just because the guy was once again discovered as a cheat and he hit his last home run in it (albeit in a 1 day specialty shirt). If you guys are looking for Manny HR shirts from his Indians, Sox, and Dodgers years and are looking to pay prices like that, feel free to contact me.

Love that jersey, which I owned it, and love Manny. But what an idiot! Guess he just couldn't hit anymore. His last hurrah was '08 with the Dodgers when he was hitting like Bonds. However, you may not have heard the last of Manny. His son, Manny Jr., is a 6-4, 220 high school sophomore playing for the IMG junior varsity. Manny has another, much younger son also named Manny with a different mother.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
    I really dont get how a jersey can jump from lets say $1200-$1500 to $10,000-$15,000 just because the guy was once again discovered as a cheat and he hit his last home run in it (albeit in a 1 day specialty shirt). If you guys are looking for Manny HR shirts from his Indians, Sox, and Dodgers years and are looking to pay prices like that, feel free to contact me.
    From what I heard, Benko paid much more than that and sold it to S. Mears at a price about 3x what you are estimating as I think you are off on your evaluation as this is rare if you collect HR jerseys with impeccable provenance.

MLB Auctions has his Opening Day Tampa jersey up for auction and that will sell most likely well in excess of $1,200 and he didn't hit any HRs with that jersey. It will most likely be his "last" Opening Day jersey but other than that, not too much other significance with the jersey and I predict it will get to $2,500.

If you have MLB Authenticated ManRam HR jerseys, I am interested so please send me an email. thanks.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    MLB Auctions has his Opening Day Tampa jersey up for auction and that will sell most likely well in excess of $1,200 and he didn't hit any HRs with that jersey. It will most likely be his "last" Opening Day jersey but other than that, not too much other significance with the jersey and I predict it will get to $2,500.
    Already over $2,000!!!!

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=151322621
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500