Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Classic Auctions

Well i usually stay out of these kind of things because ultimately i end up offending somebody with my humble opinion.

I have bought Many,Many ,Many things from classic because i live in montreal where they are based. I also have consigned in the past to them.

I have also owned a Brian Leetch 98 skills competition jersey. Which had minimal wear. I was lucky enough to photomatch it with some loose threads and the placement of the "c". Also after i sold the jersey i was able to re photo match it with a very small un repaired hole on the arm. Now that i have bored you with my personal experience dealing with a similar jersey, i want to give you my thoughts on your issue.

Classic did you a BIG favour declaring a 50$ value and the reason they send the coa separately is in case the box gets opened and customs sees a coa YOU WILL GET DRILLED WITH DUTY FEES. Trust me on this you have nothing to complain about the fact they declared 50$ value and sent you the coa separately. Also i think meigray has been very fair in offering to re photomatch the jersey for you.

Where i have to agree with you is that classic has unfortunately declined in quality control. In my humble opinion the operation has become very big with lots of money going through there. In the last auction alone there was 5 peices that were obviously not game worn jersey A chelios tbtc, a bossy islanders , a bobby clarke flyers ect....

Do they do this purposely ? i cant answer that and i really hope not. In your case i think classic mislead you clearly stating there was a photmatch and then failed to provide the photomatch. However i do believe the jersey can be photomatched.

One of the big problem in the hobby is the belief that a photomatch proves authenticity. Sorry but it doesent the most important thing to look for a jersey is wear and provenance. You have to do your homework when you are bidding on a shirt worth allegedly thousands of dollars.

ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK even when buying from reputable dealers sometimes they make mistakes sometimes they might "accidently" let a questionable jersey go through. I in no way blame you for what's going on but i think you did not get ripped off here you wanted a photo matched jagr jersey and in the end you will have a photomatched jagr jersey. I think it sucks classic wasn't clear in there auction.

One last note i have a few pens jersey and marker in the tag is exactly like a jagr jersey i own and also matches the 6's in my lemieux that is currently in the game worn auction.

Good luck my friend i am sure things will work out

Update:

Thank you Stu at Meigray for promptly providing evidence of the photo-match and working with me on this.

It looks like each individual match wasn't necessarily conclusive, however as a whole, it definitely makes solid evidence that its the same jersey.

The two area's that were most conclusive were the creased bottom portion of the Penguins logo and a black mark under the alternate captains "A" logo. It also looks like the meshing patter is the same, and the patch placement looks like its in the same location. All of these together make concrete evidence, but each one individually would make it questionable.

UPS did screw up royally. I watched the tracking status from work and noticed it was "delivered" even though a signature was required. I guess one of my neighbors was outside cutting their grass and signed for the pacakge without my permission. It was quite alarming to come home and see no package with an online status of "delivered". I called UPS and they informed me that "Neighbor" signed for the package. My neighbor across the street has a last name Neidler, so I assumed the UPS driver mistook "Neidler" as "Neighbor". Long story short, my Neighbors the Neidlers had my jersey without my authorization. This was exactly the reason why I was hesitant to send off the jersey in the first place because I knew UPS/USPS/FedEx screw up all the time.

Marc at Classic Auctions did offer me a shipping refund for my troubles shipping the jersey to Meigray, however he stated that a Canadian check might be a hassle etc. I pretty much gave up on dealing with Classic during the whole ordeal. When I paid Classic, I was forced to pay $20.00 for them to receive a wire transfer and $45.00 to send them a wire transfer for $65.00, yet to get a $16.00 check from them, it was just a hassle not worth discussing with them. After I finally said, don't worry about the $16.00 Meigray is taking care of me, I was offered $16.00 cash or money order but refused it (it should have just been offered to begin with) and I have not responded to subsequent emails from them.

It should also be noted that Meigray shipped the jersey back to me free of charge and it was re-authenticated free of charge. Thanks again Barry and Stu for the great service!!!

Classic auctions ended up sending me a $20.00 bill in the mail even though I didn't request it from them.

Banned

These kind of problems are why I like buying on eBay and with auction companies that accept credit cards. If there is a problem of any kind, either the seller fixes it promptly, or I get my funds back promptly.

Marc Juteau the owner of Classic auction is Really good guy and in all honesty if theres a problem he fixes it.

I emailed him a few of my concerns and he promptly replied. Classic auction is a very reputable dealer and like i said earlier i have spent many of thousands of dollars with them.

I would still do my home work no matter who the dealer is!!

Marc and the people at classic are terrific people to deal with and will usually resolve any issue!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    These kind of problems are why I like buying on eBay and with auction companies that accept credit cards. If there is a problem of any kind, either the seller fixes it promptly, or I get my funds back promptly.

I agree 100%. In my opinion it is pretty dodgy to not take credit cards if you are an auction house.