Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: question about NBA game worn 2010-11 jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    also mbenga you should try to photomatch it...i've found that these new Rev30 shirts are 1 of the most easiest to photomatch..especially with pics from getty... the mesh holes against the number,logo and NOB,,gives each shirt its own signature
    Do any of your jerseys have snags, I was able to photo match one on my Stoudemire jersey. A friend of mine was able to also get me a copy of the game and I found another photo match, the more traditional way with loose thread sticking out

Banned

Lightbulb Re: question about NBA game worn 2010-11 jerseys

It looks like those interior tags (7/10 on Kobe and 12/10 on Stevenson) may well equate to month/year of issue indicators for when the jersey was issued.
    Everyone knew that Kobe would be a Laker in 2010-11, so making jerseys for him in July, 2010 would be reasonable. The Stevenson would be a midseason (December 2010) issue (kind of like a set 2 Rawlings MLB jersey flag tag) with whatever adjustments were needed to customize it as an NBA Finals jersey later.

Dave Miedema

It looks to me that the date tags are sewn right into the jersey and most likely along with production codes by Adidas. Similar to the old Wilson date codes, just easier to read.

The question with these date codes will be how much back stock Adidas will have on hand to send to the teams. Adidas and other companies themselves uses these dates and codes for quality control purposes (not at all concerned with our hobby). Most likely these dates will show that the jerseys were manufactured when the order was placed in the off season, but I think there could be some that are held as stock and made up later on --maybe even years later.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    great Kobe Mickey, did you ever consider going to the NBA photo store and purchasing a 20" 30" poster print photo match to display next to your jerseys? I think they run around $30 but would look awesome next to the jersey seeing the enlarged photo match details!
    Way ahead of you. i ordered this print last weekend in anticipation of the new Kobe piece...and i did order it framed,matted,highest quality paper and, of course, 20 x 30
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quiggle28 View Post
    Do any of your jerseys have snags, I was able to photo match one on my Stoudemire jersey. A friend of mine was able to also get me a copy of the game and I found another photo match, the more traditional way with loose thread sticking out

yeah quiggle...ive found snags,and runs on the shirt itself..i think i have a pic of it in a previous post on this thread. i have the corner of the meigray box pointing to the snag and matching it to the photo i took. the snags are not unlike a nylon run in pantyhose. the home kobe has snags everywhere..probably from its usage.and the tugging that Kobe is frequently doing.i believe it was used beyond these 3 playoff games...possibly dating back to regular season. if you look at getty pics of kobe from game 1 vs hornets (4/20/11), you will notice kobe wearing a tight form fitting jersey. I was told by the great Dan Ceniceros that Kobe was actually wearing a 1xl for that game. Kobe obviously did not like the tightness of the 1xl as you can tell by detailed getty pics that he tore into the shirt at the armpit area. This woulda been a GREAT shirt to have even though it was worn in only one game. for whatever reason he wore a 1xl rather than the usual 6xl we will never know. possibly a screw up with the equipment manager..only Kobe and the equipment manager truley knows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It looks like those interior tags (7/10 on Kobe and 12/10 on Stevenson) may well equate to month/year of issue indicators for when the jersey was issued.
    Everyone knew that Kobe would be a Laker in 2010-11, so making jerseys for him in July, 2010 would be reasonable. The Stevenson would be a midseason (December 2010) issue (kind of like a set 2 Rawlings MLB jersey flag tag) with whatever adjustments were needed to customize it as an NBA Finals jersey later.

Dave Miedema
    here are pics of tagging in the Kobe home playoff trunks... has the same issue date as the shirt 7/10
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Way ahead of you. i ordered this print last weekend in anticipation of the new Kobe piece...and i did order it framed,matted,highest quality paper and, of course, 20 x 30
    I actually ordered a couple of these for the Stoudemire jersey. You can request photos from Getty Images currently not in the NBA Photo Store and they will put in a request to have the image for sale. One thing, just make sure the photo has the NBA logo shadow on the photo (like on the Kobe one), as I believe those are the only ones they can print. It takes a couple of weeks to process but I am still waiting on some that I think will take longer now that the lockout is in effect.

One thing I did notice, you might also want to consider picking up an 8x10 or 16x20 because those photos are actually cropped and zoomed in more closely than a 20x30 (you can play around with this on NBA Photo store to get a sense of what I mean). Did you order a metal or wood frame? I had mine with the metal but the backing is not that great (the foam board the photo is affixed to is exposed, and there is no wire hanger in the back just a couple of sawtooth), so I had to get another frame to better protect it.

Also, check out allposters or art.com because they also started selling more NBA game photos than the usual PhotoFile ones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quiggle28 View Post
    I actually ordered a couple of these for the Stoudemire jersey. You can request photos from Getty Images currently not in the NBA Photo Store and they will put in a request to have the image for sale. One thing, just make sure the photo has the NBA logo shadow on the photo (like on the Kobe one), as I believe those are the only ones they can print. It takes a couple of weeks to process but I am still waiting on some that I think will take longer now that the lockout is in effect.

One thing I did notice, you might also want to consider picking up an 8x10 or 16x20 because those photos are actually cropped and zoomed in more closely than a 20x30 (you can play around with this on NBA Photo store to get a sense of what I mean). Did you order a metal or wood frame? I had mine with the metal but the backing is not that great (the foam board the photo is affixed to is exposed, and there is no wire hanger in the back just a couple of sawtooth), so I had to get another frame to better protect it.

Also, check out allposters or art.com because they also started selling more NBA game photos than the usual PhotoFile ones.
    i got the wood frame..and the 20x30. the pic is a great close up of kobe, so my hope is it will still show great detail. thanks for the info

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxlIBYX_ww
    hey costas..email me. have something that may interest you.
    mickeymbz@comcast.net

hey costas..email me. have something that may interest you.
    mickeymbz@comcast.net
    e-mail sent, thanks mickey