Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Who's the AL & NL MVP's???

verlander and kemp

Question Re: Who's the AL & NL MVP's???

But Granderson and Cano brought their team to the playoffs. You cant be an MVP and not make the playoffs. How is that being the most value able.

Also isn't it alittle odd a player goes from hitting a career high of 9 homeruns to 32. That's not strange at all???

Ellsbury could do no more to help Boston- their pitching failures & Crawford's miserable season are out of his control.

Who's to say Boston wouldn't have won 80 games if it hadn't been for guys like Ellsbury & Gonzalez?

And when did Granderson ever put up these numbers?

This is about MVP not the oddity of a power outburst.

Even Boggs and Rickey hit 20+ HRs in a season and they were leadoff hitters.

Besides, I pick Cabrera to win it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    But Granderson and Cano brought their team to the playoffs. You cant be an MVP and not make the playoffs. How is that being the most value able.

Also isn't it alittle odd a player goes from hitting a career high of 9 homeruns to 32. That's not strange at all???
    Brought their team to the playoffs to lose in the first round....... And yes you can be MVP and not make the playoffs. How come a lot of people are saying Kemp for NL?? Dodgers weren't in the playoffs

Cabrera and Kemp.

Ellsbury had a great year but so did Gonzalez. 2 great offensive players from the same team ordinarily to me doesn't necessarily eliminate either from consideration. But with Ortiz hitting .329/29/96 and Pedroia hitting .307/21/91, I do not think they would be significantly worse off removing Ellsbury from the lineup. And to me, that's how an MVP should be determined - if you remove that player from the team, the team performance would drop off considerably. Cabrera and Kemp exemplify that to me the most this year.

Typo on Ortiz' average which was .309

Banned

Cool Re: Who's the AL & NL MVP's???

NL: Ryan Braun
    AL: Miguel Cabrera

Dave Miedema

Banned

AL- Verlander

NL- Kemp

I don't buy the whole argument that your team has to make the playoffs to be MVP. One player only takes a team so far in baseball and I can't justify giving an award to a guy who had an inferior season solely because his team made the playoffs. Arod and Dawson won MVPs on bad teams so it would not be the first time and I think Kemp was significantly better than any player in the league. Braun had a great year but offensively was he really signifcantly better than Fielder, his own teamate? I would say no. And defense is not that big of a factor because he is a corner outfielder. As for Verlander I think he was the best player in the AL this year even though he was a pitcher. If the Tigers did not have him they probably would not have been a playoff team. As far as position players I would say Bautista is most deserving followed by Miguel.