Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A.L. & N.L. MVP award

Well Bobby, you say you dont want a pissing match but right there your starting stuff. Telling me how I hate the world and all. First off, I dont and I enjoy this world. Second I do start stuff with some sox's fans(I like most), because they post junk about the Yankees. So I defend my team, but I guess real fans aren't supposed to do that.

Enjoy your day Bobby

RYAN BRAUN for 2011 NL MVP...

Here's why:
    Since 1998, there have been only four (4) NL MVP's from teams that did not appear in the postseason that year. Whether we like it or not, this IS the biggest tie-breaker when two or more players end the season with similar statistics.

The four years??
    2001-Barry Bonds voted MVP after breaking all-time HR record.
    2004-Barry Bonds voted MVP with a league-leading .362 AVG. to go with 45 HR's.
    2006-Ryan Howard voted MVP with a league-leading 58 HR's.
    2008-Albert Pujols voted MVP with a .357 AVG and 37 HR's.

The two common themes here are individual performance and team performance. Unless a player runs away (statistically) with his individual accomplishments (like the 4 years listed above), the MVP award, generally, is awarded to the player who meets both factors.

While the term "most valuable" is not clearly defined to fans, sportswriters and others alike, the following could be argued:

Q: If you take a great player away from a mediocre club that did not make the playoffs, what are you left with?
    A: An even worse team that STILL did not make the playoffs.

Q: If you take a great player away from a good club that DID make the playoffs, what are you left with?
    A: The strong probability that the good club will have missed the playoffs entirely.

So, who's "most valuable" to their team now?

Of course, I'm comparing MATT KEMP vs. RYAN BRAUN. They have nearly similar statistics. It's a two-horse race without any doubt. And, if you're still reading this, a thank-you is in order for bearing with me on this rather long and tiring post...

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Arrogant?? You need to look in the "mirror" buddy!

First off, I asked a simple question about when they would announce the winners for the MVP awards and when my friend Ken provided the dates, I simply said I hope Jacoby wins. Then you come on here with your "piss poor attitude" and take this thread in another direction.

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the original thread, I suggest you don't say anything. From reading your past posts on other threads, you like to come on and stir the pot with members, especially Red Sox fans. I'm not sure what your problem is, but it seems like you hate the world.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you and go back and forth on this as I have better ways to use my time, and the mods and the members don't appreciate the theatrics.

Let the writers decide on who wins, if it's Jacoby, a Yankee player or another player, so be it.....more power to them!

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Bobby, not much of a chance to have a constructive debate with this one. A very large portion of his posts always refer to something being a "joke," so not much worth the effort. As for Jacoby, his contribution this year was very fun to watch. He'd be a great choice for MVP, but if he doesn't win, I'm sure whoever does will be deserving.... and not a joke!

John

You really are funny you know that. At least when i joke, im giving my opinion(free country so I can). Unlike you who is saying nothing but lies. Cause if you actually went through and looked at my posts, you'd see that not even 1/4 of them are jokes or negative posts. 1/4 of 1400 posts is far from a "very large portion" like you said.

Funny how it's only red sox fans complaining. lol

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    You really are funny you know that. At least when i joke, im giving my opinion(free country so I can). Unlike you who is saying nothing but lies. Cause if you actually went through and looked at my posts, you'd see that not even 1/4 of them are jokes or negative posts. 1/4 of 1400 posts is far from a "very large portion" like you said.

Funny how it's only red sox fans complaining. lol
    Don't know why I'm even bothering to read all this, it's pretty tedious, but the math major in me has to point out: 1/4 of 1400 is 350. That means, by your estimate, roughly 350 of your posts are jokes or negative. Sorry, I think that's a very large portion for anyone.

And don't worry, I hate the Red Sox and yankees equally.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Michael Young for AL MVP.

The guy has done everything asked of him and excels at every postition they want him to play.

Ken,
    So your saying if you won the lottery for $1,400 and they promised you a "large portion of cash", but you only received a check for $350. You'd be happy and agree that you got a large portion. I doubt it, i think you'd want more.

Plus when i said 1/4, I was just throwing a number out there. I'm sure i have way under 100 negative posts. I was just showing how he was making up stuff.

Verlander gets AL MVP!
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Not really fair. Should be a award just for batters like the Cy young award

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Not really fair. Should be a award just for batters like the Cy young award
    Yeah, you take Verlander out of the mix and based on the voting outcome, Ellsbury wins the MVP hands down. What a joke that would have been!