Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: kobe jersey in Historic & VA

The first picture posted is definitely a size 56 on what appears to be a jersey in my opinion.....

Dave

rick,

i'm not on either side. i don't know anything about basketball jerseys and the last time i was into the nba, david robinson was a rookie and i was watching jordan, pippen, and co., try for their first championship. i'm just posting pics and letting people arrive at their own conclusions.

however, for the sake of discussion, let me ask you, does the first pic of kobe in the training room with the "56" tag clearly visible not prove it all?
    clearly the tag is not a warmup tag as those all seemed to be letter sized (XL, XXL, 4XL). do you agree that the tag shown is a game jersey tag?
    if you do, then isn't the whole matter closed? i mean..the tag is a reebok tag..and it's from a game jersey..and it says "56". is this not the timeframe we're referring to? i'm just not sure where the room for interpretation is.

i'm not sure the fact that he wore a 52 is a "maybe". it's right there in the 2002 pics, clear as day.

rudy.

Worldchamps also shows a pretty convincing picture. I think I'll go ahead and have jgulino send me a 16x20 and post the results here...

look at all the pictures that have been posted here in 2 hours of thread life...and the "elite authenticators" out there can't do this?....PATHETIC!!!!

Pictures, pictures everywhere, but, where's the proof? You guys must be working for Lou. Anyway, like I said, Eastcoast bias, but, this time it sounds, no it feels, like Knicks fans. Tony Soprano, I need your help, tell them's guys they be silly and smack them down. Don't disrespect the Bing!

I'd rather be thrown to the lions than working for Lou...I like the fact that I can look at myself in the mirror & that I can sleep in peace at night

lelands current auction:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=611&lot=1356

2002 Kobe Bryant NBA Finals Los Angeles Lakers Game Used Jersey.
    currently at: $1569. Size 50 - Road Jersey

2002 NBA Finals showing Kobe in his Road Jersey:

Size 52.

rudy.

Rick...

based on the shock you must be in right now it leads me to think that you must be working for Lou...cranking out those size 50 letters all day long

Gentlepeople: Rudy, y'all did some homework. Look at any Greyflannel, Leland, or Vintage auction for the past 4 years and show me a 56 Kobe. Oh, you say, Lou's nefarious hand is in each, but show me any other place where a 56 Kobe in our time-frame is sold. Lou is in "game-use heaven" laughing at ya. Hey, does anyone have anymore blurry and inconclusive pictures? It's Dragnet folks, "the facts, just the facts."