Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who knows? Not Arod??????

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    mystery solved, though i still feel its only fitting for Alex.
    as godwulf said, there was no mystery to begin with.

As stated in the forum rules #16, When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Joel, i stated that it appears like a questionmark, i don't think I or anyone else (besides you due to your arod knowledge) could have know this information, and now we know! Educating collectors right? thanks for the insight.

Godwulf was refering to the incorrect listing i posted at the start of the thread where the link took him to the "hr postseason 97" bat. There was no '/? on that bat.

Joel, i stated that it appears like a questionmark, i don't think I or anyone else (besides you due to your arod knowledge) could have know this information, and now we know! Educating collectors right? thanks for the insight.
    Pretty sure there are other collectors who can vouch for the reputation of Mill Creek and the ARod items they provided to the collecting community. I actually wished that they were his handlers even after he left Seattle. Pretty sure MEARS would not grade the bat as they did without the Mill Creek COA and MEARS would not authenticated that bat if it really was a question mark.

I am all for education. But I would have preferred you attempted to get an answer from MEARS and shared your findings from their reply email to us.

Have a nice day.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I never stated the item was bad, I think ive been around this hobby long enough to know the reputations of mill creek and mears. All I said was that the ending was strange. I think you misunderstood my intent, not to call out the items authenticity but to gain information as to why Alex would place a questionmark after the year. Turns out, he did'nt. Obviously he did not do this to all the bats from this time frame and to at least more than one set of eyes this looked like a questionmark.

I never stated the item was bad, I think ive been around this hobby long enough to know the reputations of mill creek and mears. All I said was that the ending was strange. I think you misunderstood my intent, not to call out the items authenticity but to gain information as to why Alex would place a questionmark after the year. Turns out, he did'nt. Obviously he did not do this to all the bats from this time frame and to at least more than one set of eyes this looked like a questionmark.
    Fair enough. Wish I had read the post sooner.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com