Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Dallas Cowboys Collections

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I won the jersey you are referring to it went for a mint but was worth it considering the lack of Ware jerseys on the market if I had to I would have gone even higher. My jersey is from 2010 I believe your helmet is from the same game though you wrote 2009 in your post.
    Oh dont get me wrong, you have a great jersey at a nice price as well. It was just a bit out of my range at the time considering I am pretty new to collecting and still learning. I could only imagine what your jersey would have went for at NFL.coms auction. Either way, great buy and nice jersey!

But no, my helmet is a 2009 used against the Raiders and your jersey is the next year against the Saints. From the info I got from Mears, they were both from the same seller though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    Oh dont get me wrong, you have a great jersey at a nice price as well. It was just a bit out of my range at the time considering I am pretty new to collecting and still learning. I could only imagine what your jersey would have went for at NFL.coms auction. Either way, great buy and nice jersey!

But no, my helmet is a 2009 used against the Raiders and your jersey is the next year against the Saints. From the info I got from Mears, they were both from the same seller though.
    Oh gotcha. The seller is a member I had talked to him about the jersey and he said he had the matching helmet also for sale so I took that to mean they were from the same game but I guess he just meant it matched the jersey since both were throwbacks. I don't collect helmets so I never read the listing. You got a steal on the helmet especially because I believe that the Cowboys wore their throwback stuff twice in 09. I remember when Steiner sold the 09 Ware jersey on their site they had stated that it was used in two games that year so I would assume the helmet was also. On NFL Auctions Cowboys stuff goes for crazy prices because one collector seems to buy all of it. He paid over four grand for a Ware jersey earlier this year and close to that for a Witten.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Oh gotcha. The seller is a member I had talked to him about the jersey and he said he had the matching helmet also for sale so I took that to mean they were from the same game but I guess he just meant it matched the jersey since both were throwbacks. I don't collect helmets so I never read the listing. You got a steal on the helmet especially because I believe that the Cowboys wore their throwback stuff twice in 09. I remember when Steiner sold the 09 Ware jersey on their site they had stated that it was used in two games that year so I would assume the helmet was also. On NFL Auctions Cowboys stuff goes for crazy prices because one collector seems to buy all of it. He paid over four grand for a Ware jersey earlier this year and close to that for a Witten.
    Man, a Witten would probably be the only one I would spend that kind of money on. But $4000? Ouch, I just dont think I could do it.

Hey guys...

Want to know what you guys thought of the Felix Jones Game Used Helmet on 8D auctions...

I won it
    But can't find any pics of him wearin it....

Quote Originally Posted by gminletfitness View Post
    Hey guys...

Want to know what you guys thought of the Felix Jones Game Used Helmet on 8D auctions...

I won it
    But can't find any pics of him wearin it....
    Congrats! Great helmet! I was actually the other bidder, ha. I dont have a silver GU helmet yet so I took a small shot. Being a Demarco Murray guy, I just didnt want it that bad. Also, I sent 2 emails asking about it and I never got a response. Anyway, awesome helmet for you, with an equipment bag too right? Nice deal. Is it in your hands yet? If not, post some pics when you get it

Thanks Hfd! My first game used helmet and I couldn't believe I won at that price! I'll post the pics as soon as I decide where to put it in my room...

Felix Jones Helmet

Hello,

Great deal on that Felix Jones Helmet (they were selling the bags alone for over $300). Almost 100% sure it was worn for the 2010 season. If you do just a Getty images search for Felix Jones for the 2011 season you will see he is wearing the Schutt Air Advantage II helmet as that helmet has the slot right behind the ear hole (getty image 136236706). This style of Schutt helmet I think is discontinued but a ton of Cowboys players still use it. In 2010 he appears to be using the older style Schutt Advantage shell as the slot behind the ear hole is not present (getty image 107653288). For 2009 (getty image 95449460) he had the extra hole drilled next to the upper chin strap (most Cowboys helmets did that year for some reason)
    If you look closely a lot of Cowboys also still use this helmet shell as well (Jason Witten has used the same silver helmet his whole Cowboys career)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ts-cover_N.htm

as they just recondition the helmet and replace the interior padding each year. Your helmet should have some reconditioning decals inside and could even have a Prova chip as well.

I hope this helps at least your start in matching your helmet.

Jay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    Man, a Witten would probably be the only one I would spend that kind of money on. But $4000? Ouch, I just dont think I could do it.
    $4,000 is crazy for Witten. Steiner sold the TB last year for $2,000 I believe and then the buyer had it on Ebay for the same price for months.

Thanks Jay!
    One more question. Do they clean the helmet after every game? I find some markings but not sure..

Roberto

Hello Cowboy fans! Here is some of my collection.

My pride and joy up to this point with my collection is the game used Jason Witten Throwback jersey from 2006. Lots of game use on this one. I actually bought it for my daughter who absolutely loves Witten. I've also got pictures of a game used Lee Roy Jordan jersey, Roy Williams gamer with pants from 2006, a preseason durene jersey from the early 70's, a 1978 Billy Joe DuPree Pro Bowl jersey, and a beautiful sideline jacket from the late 60's or early 70's.

A fellow collector posted a picture of a 1969 Flowers jersey with patch. Can anyone tell me what this jersey or similar sells for? That is a spectacular jersey!
    Attached Images Attached Images