Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Joe Namath Jersey - 8D Auctions

Also of note is that Namath only started 5 games in 1973 because of injuries. Finding a photo of the none cut sleeve might be a bit trickier. I think he might only have worn it in weeks 1 or 2. If the pattern from 1974 is any indication of Joe wearing a none cut sleeve as that video I believe is from week 3.

Hey Guys,

This is a great thread and these type of discussions and collective insights are one of the reasons we created Game Used Universe. We are also researching some more (sorry my personal time has been really limited last few days handling a ton of other things), we want to make sure we are comfortable with the jersey being game used. If there are any questions, we will pull the item until we can be absolutely certain. We did find some of the images that have already been posted with the longer sleeves but we understand the need to match with the font style.

Just wanted to let you know we are still looking into this further as well.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Chris,
    Any update?

Funny, there's a very similar jersey offered at the same time. Seems this happens often.
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=69110

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Funny, there's a very similar jersey offered at the same time. Seems this happens often.
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=69110
    They are similar, but the font is different and the name is screened directly on the jersey.

Hello Everyone,

I spoke to the consignor of the item and I think the best thing at this point is for us to pull the jersey until we have a bit more research. As discussed, we had found images with Namath wearing these type of sleeves but we want to be 100% confident they were worn with this style jersey, fonts, etc.

As such, we will be pulling the item pending additional research and we will let you know if the item will be available in the future.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Lot has been withdrawn pending additional research.

Thanks for all who contributed to this thread.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Banned

Found this jersey on the Hall of Fame website. Follow the link for the history of the jersey.

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...namath-jersey/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the person who donated it to the HOF has had a memory lapse. I don't see any way that this jersey was made in 1966 or early 1967. Looks like a legit jersey as far as an actual team item but whether Namath actually wore it is another story, and whether this was his training camp jersey in 1967 is yet another story!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    I think the person who donated it to the HOF has had a memory lapse. I don't see any way that this jersey was made in 1966 or early 1967. Looks like a legit jersey as far as an actual team item but whether Namath actually wore it is another story, and whether this was his training camp jersey in 1967 is yet another story!
    Off the subject - Jeff, thanks for your help with the helmet. It worked out just fine.