Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twinsfest 2012

Re: Twinsfest 2012

If anyone is still going I am looking for a game used lineup card from 9/10 /11....thanks!

Brianborsch@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    They had about 4 Luke Hughes bats in the bin, all MLB auth'd. They wanted $80 bucks per bat. They had a ton of jerseys and hats but I didn't take the time to go through them. All the "name player" jerseys are behind the counter, and all the hats are in a glass case.. so I didn't bother.

Maybe they will drop the price on the bats on Sunday. A few of them were really nice.
    Thanks Brian, I paid $50 for a bat from the shop (no MLB Auth) so I guess the mark up of $30 was the holo.

If anyone can find a Hughes/Hendriks jersey ($150max) or hat ($50max) on Sunday i'd be very appreciative.

May also be interested in another Hughes MLB Auth'd bat if the prices drop far enough. I can on sell it down here pretty easily.

Thanks,
    Mark.

Anyone go yesterday?? This thread has like 1,300 views and only 21 posts.

Where are all the Minnesotans??

Went today. Overpriced, as usual, and the woman at the register said that they weren't going to be lowering their prices as the day went on. They must be very happy keeping all of those 2011 Morneau bats (about 15 behind the register). Too bad. Back in 2007, they had so much stuff at reasonable prices. In 2008, nothing. Since 2009, prices have been going up and, now, they are horribly overpriced and don't seem to care.

Mike

Is there a Twins contact I can use to see if they have a GU lineup card I am looking for?

The Majestic Store at Target Field would be the place to contact about the lineup card. The telephone number there is (612) 659-3963.

Twinsfest - Day Three Update

The Majestic Store/Pro Shops had a large quantity of 2010/2011 jerseys available. The price of the 2010 jerseys was reduced by 50% in August and no additional discounts were given at Twinsfest. The price of the 2011 jerseys (which were only made available a month or two ago) remains unchanged. The only price breaks were on a select rack of jerseys (mostly coaches and bullpen catcher types) and bats from Span, Cuddyer and Morneau (all of whom break a ton of bats every season). Its too bad the Twins don't bring back the $100 jersey rack (which was made up of a good mix of current and former players) that reduced in price by 50% each day of Twinsfest. It was always fun to grab a common player GU jersey to wear the next season for $25 on the last day of Twinsfest.

The silent and live auction prices were down on the whole but still brought outrageous prices on certain "premium" items. The mix of items wasn't as strong as in past years. The performance of the Twins' star players in 2011 definitely kept prices down.

I thought there was a nice mix of vintage Twins GU items available from the vendors. Unfortunately, I thought the ask on a lot of those items was quite high. That being said, its the one event each year (other than the actual games) where you've got 30,000+ Twins fans spending several hours amongst your items, so I can't blame the dealers for trying.

FYI, prior to 2009 the Twins ran their own stores and set all the prices and when to discount items themselves, including TwinsFest. Their policy, as mentioned above, was to take any remaining game used stuff to TwinsFest and mark it down each day over the course of the weekend. Collectors, myself included, got used to that method.

In (or around) 2009, the Twins signed a contract with Delaware North Corp. Sportservice to run their merchandise (and concessions at Target Field) operations. Naturally some policies changed simply with new people being in charge. One thing though, the Twins still set the prices on the game used stuff and DNC only sells that stuff on a commission basis. Also, the Twins hired some new people for the move to Target Field and they were involved in the pricing for the first time as well, so a lot of new factors went into the prices.

Before you get on DNC for being a corporation who drove up the prices, they actually took a huge step down in 2009 from the previous years when a Kubel, Cuddyer or Nathan would have been $750 and now topped out at $350. Then new people were involved in 2010 and they went back up to $600 (as they placed a premium on first year Target Field and the 50th anniversary season and patches), while this year the top group of those same type players were $350.

At TwinsFest this year all the game used stuff from Target Field, both in the warehouse and the store went over. The jerseys were store prices and did not change over the weekend. One reason is, we've only had them about two months and can simply move them back to the stadium to have on hand throughout the 2012 season. All the older 2010's that went over, which had been marked down 50% when the 2011's arrived, were sold immediately.

The bats were divided into "Cuddyer, Span & Kubel" and "everyone else". Everyone else stayed the same price and the other three were all marked down 50% to $75 and the large amount of Cuddyers sold out. Personally I am surprised the "everyone" bats didn't get lower over the weekend.

Yes, it's not like it once was with the progressive discounts, but with 35,000 people per game 81 times a year who have yet to see the 2011 gamers, there was little incentive to mark things down and not a lot of 2010's and older, which were apparently priced right since they flew out the door, leaving no old stock left to mark down over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    FYI, prior to 2009 the Twins ran their own stores and set all the prices and when to discount items themselves, including TwinsFest. Their policy, as mentioned above, was to take any remaining game used stuff to TwinsFest and mark it down each day over the course of the weekend. Collectors, myself included, got used to that method.

In (or around) 2009, the Twins signed a contract with Delaware North Corp. Sportservice to run their merchandise (and concessions at Target Field) operations. Naturally some policies changed simply with new people being in charge. One thing though, the Twins still set the prices on the game used stuff and DNC only sells that stuff on a commission basis. Also, the Twins hired some new people for the move to Target Field and they were involved in the pricing for the first time as well, so a lot of new factors went into the prices.

Before you get on DNC for being a corporation who drove up the prices, they actually took a huge step down in 2009 from the previous years when a Kubel, Cuddyer or Nathan would have been $750 and now topped out at $350. Then new people were involved in 2010 and they went back up to $600 (as they placed a premium on first year Target Field and the 50th anniversary season and patches), while this year the top group of those same type players were $350.

At TwinsFest this year all the game used stuff from Target Field, both in the warehouse and the store went over. The jerseys were store prices and did not change over the weekend. One reason is, we've only had them about two months and can simply move them back to the stadium to have on hand throughout the 2012 season. All the older 2010's that went over, which had been marked down 50% when the 2011's arrived, were sold immediately.

The bats were divided into "Cuddyer, Span & Kubel" and "everyone else". Everyone else stayed the same price and the other three were all marked down 50% to $75 and the large amount of Cuddyers sold out. Personally I am surprised the "everyone" bats didn't get lower over the weekend.

Yes, it's not like it once was with the progressive discounts, but with 35,000 people per game 81 times a year who have yet to see the 2011 gamers, there was little incentive to mark things down and not a lot of 2010's and older, which were apparently priced right since they flew out the door, leaving no old stock left to mark down over the weekend.
    Cool, I guess? Still very unimpressed overall. The bat bargin bin at last year's Twinsfest was a nice touch and almost restored my hope in the Pro Shop.. but it was absent this year. There were some great bats for 20 bucks! I asked a guy working there where it went and he said, "check back Sunday!". Which aparently ment only check back so you can buy $75 Cuddy/Span/Kubel bats. You guys played up the bat discounts like it was going to be something special on Sunday, when in reality you just dropped them to their actual 'street value'. Cuddy bats are going for 50-60 bucks right now on eBay. Kubel bats are $50 bats, tops. No Morneau discount when his stock is at an alltime low? Talked a big game and got some of our hopes up on the bat front, but didn't deliver.

Don't even get me started on Jerseys. The "discount jersey" rack had all $200 jerseys from coaches and people nobody had ever heard of. Lame.

I guess my main complaint is that if you're a bargain hunter, the pro shop does not accomodate you as it once did on game used items. I guess we're just going to have to get used to it under the new owners. The guys on this forum know overpriced stuff when they see it.

Now, one kudos I'll give you guys is FINALLY dropping the price on the Kubel coolfo helmet you've had for sale for many months. I was finally able to buy it for a reasonable price. So I don't TOTALLY hate you guys... just mostly.

Anyone know how much the Mauer Game used bat or Jersey went for at auction?