Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up Re: Josh Hamilton's 2nd home run ball from 4 home run game on 5/8/2012

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    Nice work getting this ball!!! Initially, I thought I read that Josh had the other three but I checked again today and all I can find is he has #3 and #4. Maybe you can convince him that #2 misses it's "brothers" and need to be reunited. Then track down #1 and you have the master set! Loan it out to the Hall of Fame...take it on tour with Josh...your options are endless!

Congrats on tracking it down! Technology is such a wonderful thing, huh?

John
    You're 100 percent correct about the technology used to pull this off. Than God for my IPhone and a friend willing to take the time to help me

Re: Josh Hamilton's 2nd home run ball from 4 home run game on 5/8/2012

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    I guess your right, but you could doubt the guy putting the holo on the ball didn't placed it on the right ball and pocketed the real ball. You can add doubt to most any game used items.

Here are a few cool Getty pics of the second home run. You can see the dirt stain and a blurry image of the Oriole logo on the ball.

I know that authenticator can be lazy at times but adding "fraud" to the equation, now that is something I have not seen (two different items with the exact milestone).

$500 was more fair for the baseball - I paid $300 and $200 for a HR baseball from Arod (during his 600th chase) and Jeter, respectively.

Along with the HR baseball, I also have the ticket stub, security's affidavit as he witnessed as such, a hi-res video image from the celebration AND the sellers ARE my friends! I dont have any intention to sell these HR baseballs but when I have a chance to get them signed at a later date, that would be a cool story to tell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    I know that authenticator can be lazy at times but adding "fraud" to the equation, now that is something I have not seen (two different items with the exact milestone).

$500 was more fair for the baseball - I paid $300 and $200 for a HR baseball from Arod (during his 600th chase) .
    I actually paid him $800. Which I think was a fair price.

Wow! Congrats on the pick-up. I like the uniqueness of the Camden Yard logo. Awesome!

-Joe

You're 100 percent correct about the technology used to pull this off. Than God for my IPhone and a friend willing to take the time to help me
    I'm sure you're more than happy to by your friend a beer or three for getting the deal done! I would have been worried once #3 and #4 left the yard, the kid would have wanted more. Even with signing the document. I'm assuming your buddy didn't have $800 on him. Or did he go to the ATM?

Great story!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    I'm sure you're more than happy to by your friend a beer or three for getting the deal done! I would have been worried once #3 and #4 left the yard, the kid would have wanted more. Even with signing the document. I'm assuming your buddy didn't have $800 on him. Or did he go to the ATM?

Great story!!!
    Thank god for pay pal.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Nice, I'm curious to know why the boy if he was proudly clinging on to it, decided to sell it. Hope he wasn't coerced into letting it go.
    I live in Maryland and travel to some O's games. The "boy" in question is no boy. He is a agressive ball hawk. He catches BP home run balls and game home run balls with regularity and has no problem pushing his way in front of ticket holders to catch the ball. When he started doing this years ago he was a boy and wondered where his parents were.

If I buy a ticket to the game and the ball heads to my seat I expect those with tickets around me have equal rights to the ball not a kid running from a different section who is doing it for poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    I live in Maryland and travel to some O's games. The "boy" in question is no boy. He is a agressive ball hawk. He catches BP home run balls and game home run balls with regularity and has no problem pushing his way in front of ticket holders to catch the ball. When he started doing this years ago he was a boy and wondered where his parents were.

If I buy a ticket to the game and the ball heads to my seat I expect those with tickets around me have equal rights to the ball not a kid running from a different section who is doing it for poaching.

That would not be happening at the new Yankee stadium. I had seen security confiscated the HR baseball from people who were not belong in the section. They verified it with the ticket presented. And when the ticket doesnt match up, they would be consider as trespass and that's that.

I am with you when it comes to "rights for all in the same section" not those sneaking in!

Thank god for pay pal.
    Didn't even think of that. Again, technology getting the job done!!!

You have a priceless piece of history...especially to us Hamilton fans!

CONGRATS bro.!!

ncb
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10