Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should I sell or keep this GU Eagles?

Here is a picture...1st one with helmet, jersey and pants.

Bottom two just helmet and jersey w/o pants. I have it on the floor. A small stand would be best. WR Donald Hayes 2001 season.

Keep the Kolb!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
    Attached Images Attached Images    

If you have a bit of doubt, i would keep it. You might end up regretting it and being screwed down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    Keep the Kevin Kolb uniform! As some others have said to have something that unique and complete is very tough to accomplish. I have one half mannequin and would like more yet my bride has vetoed anymore, though I am lobbying hard for a second one.

The one I have is from a tuxedo store. It can display the pants, jersey and helmet nicely. I posted pictures on here under the college section of a NC State helmet, jersey and pants.

I will send a picture of mine so you can see it. Really does not take up too much space either.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981
    Cool mannequins Tom! I saw someone post a full body display of an entire uniform (car racer). I believe he made the glass display that surrounds the mannequin himself as well. Since I have the shoes I was wanting to do something similar. The only problem is it will take some space.

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    If you have a bit of doubt, i would keep it. You might end up regretting it and being screwed down the road.
    Not sure how I'll be screwed down the road but yeah I'm leaning towards keeping it. Financially I'm stable right now. If I sell it for a loss so be it. I never really bought it to gain profit. I'm not going to let it go for significantly less either. I initially bought it when he was still with the Eagles but since he's not with them it kind of lost some value in my eyes. I have an Arizona Cardinals jersey which I cherish more.

Quote Originally Posted by project 4 View Post
    Cool mannequins Tom! I saw someone post a full body display of an entire uniform (car racer). I believe he made the glass display that surrounds the mannequin himself as well. Since I have the shoes I was wanting to do something similar. The only problem is it will take some space.

Not sure how I'll be screwed down the road but yeah I'm leaning towards keeping it. Financially I'm stable right now. If I sell it for a loss so be it. I never really bought it to gain profit. I'm not going to let it go for significantly less either. I initially bought it when he was still with the Eagles but since he's not with them it kind of lost some value in my eyes. I have an Arizona Cardinals jersey which I cherish more.
    I mean screwed as in once its gone it could be gone forever. Uniforms don't pop up very often and this is a rare uniform since they only wore it once. I would hang on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    I mean screwed as in once its gone it could be gone forever. Uniforms don't pop up very often and this is a rare uniform since they only wore it once. I would hang on to it.
    Cool. Yeah I'm sure if I sell it it would end up being divided and would never be together again which I anticipate. I just wonder what level of regret I'll have. Being relatively new in the hobby these are the suggestions I'm looking for. It's good to get insight from people who have been doing this for a long time and I appreciate everyone's advice. Well I guess while we're on the subject anyone ever have any stories of regrets?

Banned

If you are not emotionally attached to it, why not entertain offers? Mr. Kolb, prior to the last game, was lighting up the NFL so why not test the waters? If he gets back on track, the value may or may not go up. It's a hard call - good luck.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Here's my two sense (Sic) ! Whatever you decide to with it, 'Don't look back' !

Quote Originally Posted by rufusandherschel View Post
    Here's my two sense (Sic) ! Whatever you decide to with it, 'Don't look back' !
    Thanks! I have what I really wanted from Kolb (His first game used jersey from Arizona) so all I'm really looking for now is a GU College jersey. If I get that I certainly would not worry about "looking back" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    If you are not emotionally attached to it, why not entertain offers? Mr. Kolb, prior to the last game, was lighting up the NFL so why not test the waters? If he gets back on track, the value may or may not go up. It's a hard call - good luck.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    That's a good idea. Any suggestions on how to do that would help. I know about ebay. Perhaps if it doesn't go for what I would like then it will make my decision easier.

Decided to get rid of most of my Kolb stuff. (Keeping all his college stuff though). Just curious what is a good price range/starting price a Game used Eagles anniversary uniform set from Mei Grey will sell for?