Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

"shipp_96", love the Oregon helmet pick up...and the NAVY gamers, super nice!

Congratulations on the new additions!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Yea I second the congrats on the armed forces jerseys and the oregon helmet...enjoy
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by yosef777 View Post
    Shipp_96,
    Very Cool Oregon helmet but are you sure it is a clear shell? I though maybe it is just a thick layer of clear coat over the top of the 'carbon fiber' finish. LMK, when you get it if it has the paint applied from the inside or if it is impregnated (colored) plastic.
    Hey Yosef777, when I get it I will be able to tell you more. I have never seen anything but a clear shell look like this, which is why i described it that way. You may be right about your theory.

@gaytorhater703 and tom1315,

Thank you both for the compliments! Tom, that is a sweet DUKE jersey. Real nice compliment to your DUKE worn helmet.

Photo with him wearing the shoes.

Picked up a NAVY helmet last used the 2003 season it appears. As many of you know I am primarily an ACC/SEC helmet guy yet occasionally pick up unique lids...like the 2011 NAVY game used helmet from the Academy in their last Army/NAVY game in December 2011. Just too cool to pass up having that one. This recent addition is their standard issue yet is timeless and compliments my other NAVY gamer. Facemask marked "FJC" for June 2003 and has three recertification stickers showing...last date 2003. Nice game usage evident and love the decals on the rear!

A huge "THANK YOU" to forum member "shipp_96" for his input and guidance re NAVY gamers!! Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate (and "yes" we were in attendance to see the incredible victory over Florida State last Saturday evening!)
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    Picked up a NAVY helmet last used the 2003 season it appears. As many of you know I am primarily an ACC/SEC helmet guy yet occasionally pick up unique lids...like the 2011 NAVY game used helmet from the Academy in their last Army/NAVY game in December 2011. Just too cool to pass up having that one. This recent addition is their standard issue yet is timeless and compliments my other NAVY gamer. Facemask marked "FJC" for June 2003 and has three recertification stickers showing...last date 2003. Nice game usage evident and love the decals on the rear!

A huge "THANK YOU" to forum member "shipp_96" for his input and guidance re NAVY gamers!! Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate (and "yes" we were in attendance to see the incredible victory over Florida State last Saturday evening!)
    Tom, I appreciate the thank you...glad I was able to help. It looks real sharp with the Pro Combat! Like I mentioned to you, I held that one in my hands and sadly put it back in the bin during the Academy sale because I found the only two there with padding in them. But a sweet lid nonetheless! Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post

Tom

as a hurricanes fan, THANK YOU

I have a question, I hope you guys can help. I am looking into picking up a few GU Michigan jerseys, do these look correct (nothing against the seller, just as newbie, I am just trying to make sure I do things right).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adam-Kraus-M...item27bdaadaa5

Banned

Just scored a nice Syracuse helmet from 1965-1966. It's a Riddell TK5 and with the exception of the numbers being removed from the sides of the helmet, it appears to be original. Pretty sure not too many of these babies have survived the ages.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Here is a Weber State Riddell HA-9 Micro Fit helmet. I believe it is from 1969, the first year Riddell made the Micro Fit.