Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: grey flannel auction

I'm guessing they mostly get things right, but when I pointed out to them that there was NO WAY this could have been Don Meredith's jersey, they threw a fit and had two different people harangue me on the phone. End result was that a bidder got ripped off to the tune of $11K. I'd never do business with them.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=24471

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    I'm guessing they mostly get things right, but when I pointed out to them that there was NO WAY this could have been Don Meredith's jersey, they threw a fit and had two different people harangue me on the phone. End result was that a bidder got ripped off to the tune of $11K. I'd never do business with them.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=24471
    Never is quite a strong word. I know they do have at least one VERY questionable item for sale in their inventory. I tried to tell them and, as you implied, they are not open-minded to being wrong.

That is quite a big rip-off there. I am no expert on Cowboys jerseys so I can't say anything about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HassanWM View Post
    Never is quite a strong word. I know they do have at least one VERY questionable item for sale in their inventory. I tried to tell them and, as you implied, they are not open-minded to being wrong.

That is quite a big rip-off there. I am no expert on Cowboys jerseys so I can't say anything about it.
    1) Cowboys never wore mesh jerseys when Meredith played.
    2) TV numbers are in the wrong place (should be up on shoulders as they were in the 1960s, not down near the sleeve stripes as they were in the 1970s).

The jersey they auctioned could only have been used between the years 1970-73.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    1) Cowboys never wore mesh jerseys when Meredith played.
    2) TV numbers are in the wrong place (should be up on shoulders as they were in the 1960s, not down near the sleeve stripes as they were in the 1970s).

The jersey they auctioned could only have been used between the years 1970-73.
    I do have a jersey from the 1960s. Those points are about as obvious as it can get in proving the jersey was not worn by Meredith.

Banned

here's a couple of old DC jerseys at a low starting price

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...s-Game-Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I'm sure Grey Flannel appreciates your plug of their auction, but they hate this site so I'm not sure why you posted this. Ritchie wishes this forum would go away and vanish.

I can't imagine why. We correctly question his items, jerseys have been shown to be more than questionable and we panned his god awful show for being a money craving, elitist, self absorbed and scripted black mark on the hobby. When Dennis Rodman is the one with integrity and class on your show......
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I can't imagine why. We correctly question his items, jerseys have been shown to be more than questionable and we panned his god awful show for being a money craving, elitist, self absorbed and scripted black mark on the hobby. When Dennis Rodman is the one with integrity and class on your show......
    Makes you wonder how this hobby was even a possibility twenty years ago, before so much info was readily available on a computer monitor. Of course, back then the money wasn't as big for the lower and mid-level stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

They actually removed me from their database for questioning items here. I never said anything about them anywhere else.

And I was going to place bids too.

Quote Originally Posted by HassanWM View Post
    They actually removed me from their database for questioning items here. I never said anything about them anywhere else.
    I'm sure I'm banned too. I'd be upset but considering the pretentious indignation and embarrassing portrayal of our hobby on their infomercial/reality show, I wouldn't bid with them anyway.

I will say Hassan is a valued member of the hockey game worn community whom I have had the pleasure of working with personally.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com