Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ebay 1969 Packers game worn jersey

I just wish I would have saved the photos from the original listing. I just went through my sent messages through ebay and could not find anything. Must of been prior to October.

Maybe I can shed some light on this jersey. I received this jersey ( if it's the same one) 8/7/12 for repairs and restoration of the numbers. When it arrived, the numbers were either missing or were in pieces and falling off. there were numerous holes both big and small all over the place. I repaired the holes as best as possible and replaced the numbers front, back and sleeves. The numbers were based on what was on the jersey originally which is what you see in the ebay photos. I added the patch-it's off of a game used NFL jersey. The indiviual who sent the jersey doesn't appear to be the same one who is selling the jersey based on the shipping address it was returned to. At the time, it wasn't represented as a game jersey but as a "Packers style" and was purportedly only to be used as a display piece. It would be nice to know when the MEARS letter was issued since I can't see the date.

This is unrelated to the topic at hand and I apologize, but Mr. Lewis could I ask you pls to email me? I would like to request your assistance with a project if possible? Thanks in advance. Chris. Chris@pacmedia.ca
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Lots of interesting twists in this story. A small observation: it looks like there was a rectangular tag in the collar at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Lots of interesting twists in this story. A small observation: it looks like there was a rectangular tag in the collar at some point.
    Good catch on the tag. There is a distinct outline where it was. Any ideas what type of tag it could've been?

Mike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lon lewis View Post
    Maybe I can shed some light on this jersey. I received this jersey ( if it's the same one) 8/7/12 for repairs and restoration of the numbers. When it arrived, the numbers were either missing or were in pieces and falling off. there were numerous holes both big and small all over the place. I repaired the holes as best as possible and replaced the numbers front, back and sleeves. The numbers were based on what was on the jersey originally which is what you see in the ebay photos. I added the patch-it's off of a game used NFL jersey. The indiviual who sent the jersey doesn't appear to be the same one who is selling the jersey based on the shipping address it was returned to. At the time, it wasn't represented as a game jersey but as a "Packers style" and was purportedly only to be used as a display piece. It would be nice to know when the MEARS letter was issued since I can't see the date.
    Lon - quick question for you, when you applied the NFL patch, was there an outline that a patch was on there at some time and later removed?

Thanx,

Jim