Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Denver Broncos game used helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by trelude View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I understand it might not go for top dollar. I think with that photo and a coa on the signature it would be enough to prove it . I mean the battle scars alone on it i dont think you can replicate =). As far as selling it i might due to i picked up a few other items when i got the helmet. I got a John elway throwback mini helmet and two 8x10s from Ray and Steve Atwater. Like you said though its worth what someone is willing to pay but how do you put a price on a signed piece of history that there was only one and will never be another from him.
    Well, like i said before, for what it's worth, I think it's totally legit. Unfortunately, the only way you're gonna know what it's really worth, is if you send it to auction and let the collectors decide. Like Jim said, though; without a LOA or solid paperwork, you are going to turn-off some potential buyers that want reassurance.

If you're not looking to sell it, then who cares what it's worth and just enjoy that sucka

Here is the inside of my 97/98 Smith helmet. the # decal is the exact same one inside the shell and yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Super Moderator

Personally I'd send it to Goldin Auctions. Ken has been frequenting the board quite a bit, as you see. He's only in his second auction, but seems to be making a splash in game used items. I sent some stuff to him for the current auction and my Miggy and Harper bats are already getting big bids. They put together great listings, they even added some photo matches to my Hamilton bat that I had not seen. Just email him or Chris and see what they think.

"Abstractheory" Do you live near the ocean? Just wondering as there is quite a bit of corrosion on those metal parts of that helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2004 View Post
    "Abstractheory" Do you live near the ocean? Just wondering as there is quite a bit of corrosion on those metal parts of that helmet.
    Nope. I live here in the Denver area, but the helmet was in Dwayne Carswell's possession when I received it. He actually moved back to Orlando when he was done here in Denver, so that may very well be a contributing factor. I always just associated it with the salt in sweat, since Smith wore it for two full years. Plus, they made it to the Super Bowl both years, so it's actually two and a half years worth of games played in that darn thing. It is a good question, though.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback I'm going to unfortunately have to end up selling it. let me know if you know anybody that's interested .

Interested depending on price.

Feel free to email me at civicbaby2323@yahoo.com and we can talk prices