Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Re: Anybody wear any of your game worn items?

Boom........

Re: Do I Dare Ask????

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreat#8 View Post
    I guess I should add though, that one really bad incident came out of my wearing my game used items. I was playing in my senior league three summers ago wearing my Willie Mays game worn pants. I was running the bases after getting a double down the left field line when I felt the sudden need to use the restroom. Unfortunately, the burrito and taco's I had eaten for lunch must not have sat real well with my stomach. By the time I had hit first, I had a bad case of diarrhea and literally shit myself on the way to second. Needless to say besides the fact that I had shit running down my leg and soiled my Willie pants, it was quite embarrassing.

I would kind of feel bad putting these on the market in the future knowing that I had defecated in those pants.

The guys really gave it to me when I got back to the dugout, I mean the stink was tremendous.

You can only imagine the look on Willie's face when I saw him at a signing last year and told him that story. The stunned look on the Say Hey Kids face told it all.

By the way, a buddy of mine has actually taken his Mantle to the cage a number of times. I have a couple of high end collecting friends. You know how Boomer Wells wore his Ruth game used hat a half dozen years back in the playoffs. Well, you would not even believe this one, my buddy Chet who is a huge Ted Williams collector actually wore a complete Williams uniform that he owns to play in a charity soft ball tournament. If I can find the news link I will post it. It was a sight to behold. He told me the moment was unbelievable. Made the San Jose Mercury and several other local news channels. Nothing like pulling a $100,000k plus uni. off the shelve and wearing them in a game. Even I am not sure I could pull that one off.
    My goodness!
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I guess I should add though, that one really bad incident came out of my wearing my game used items. I was playing in my senior league three summers ago wearing my Willie Mays game worn pants. I was running the bases after getting a double down the left field line when I felt the sudden need to use the restroom. Unfortunately, the burrito and taco's I had eaten for lunch must not have sat real well with my stomach. By the time I had hit first, I had a bad case of diarrhea and literally shit myself on the way to second. Needless to say besides the fact that I had shit running down my leg and soiled my Willie pants, it was quite embarrassing.

I would kind of feel bad putting these on the market in the future knowing that I had defecated in those pants.

The guys really gave it to me when I got back to the dugout, I mean the stink was tremendous.

You can only imagine the look on Willie's face when I saw him at a signing last year and told him that story. The stunned look on the Say Hey Kids face told it all.

By the way, a buddy of mine has actually taken his Mantle to the cage a number of times. I have a couple of high end collecting friends. You know how Boomer Wells wore his Ruth game used hat a half dozen years back in the playoffs. Well, you would not even believe this one, my buddy Chet who is a huge Ted Williams collector actually wore a complete Williams uniform that he owns to play in a charity soft ball tournament. If I can find the news link I will post it. It was a sight to behold. He told me the moment was unbelievable. Made the San Jose Mercury and several other local news channels. Nothing like pulling a $100,000k plus uni. off the shelve and wearing them in a game. Even I am not sure I could pull that one off.

am i the only one that finds this hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by coletrain98 View Post
    am i the only one that finds this hard to believe
    No, it's clearly a joke ... but what a story!
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

So is it correct that these pants would lose 2 points for defecation under the Mears grading scale criteria?
    Just looking for clarification.....don't want to assume.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    No, it's clearly a joke ... but what a story!
    is that why he got banned?