Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Re: 2012 ALL STAR Game Worn Batting Practice Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    +1

If they want an auction, why don't they just list them on MLB Auctions? My guess is that MLB knows it cannot get as much as they want by auctioning off many of the items, except the superstars where multiple bidders would be interested.

Besides, are these BP jerseys really game "used"? They didn't play a game wearing them.
    ^This Exactly!

Mlb network AllStar Pregame show just showed Harper switching jerseys after an interview. I'm assuming this is getting MLB hologramed as "used". I guess this is what we are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    +1

If they want an auction, why don't they just list them on MLB Auctions? My guess is that MLB knows it cannot get as much as they want by auctioning off many of the items, except the superstars where multiple bidders would be interested.

Besides, are these BP jerseys really game "used"? They didn't play a game wearing them.
    With the way prices go on MLB Auctions sometimes I would consider the jersey I bought a decent price. I would rather pay what I offered than take a chance.

Yes they are just BP/Homerun Derby jerseys but considering this is the only All Star jersey that the player wears, I would think that makes these BPs a rarity. Especially with the flooding of all these regular season jerseys here lately. Its rare enough that a collectors favorite player even makes the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyouartist View Post
    Mlb network AllStar Pregame show just showed Harper switching jerseys after an interview. I'm assuming this is getting MLB hologramed as "used". I guess this is what we are buying.
    I talked to my guy today, yes, we are getting todays jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    With the way prices go on MLB Auctions sometimes I would consider the jersey I bought a decent price. I would rather pay what I offered than take a chance.

Yes they are just BP/Homerun Derby jerseys but considering this is the only All Star jersey that the player wears, I would think that makes these BPs a rarity. Especially with the flooding of all these regular season jerseys here lately. Its rare enough that a collectors favorite player even makes the squad.
    I'd rather pay a flat fee than get into a bidding war,too. However, it seems that was not the case for some members!

Any idea what the cheapest BP jerseys are going for? $400? Would be interested in knowing the price on the Balfour.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Any idea what the cheapest BP jerseys are going for? $400? Would be interested in knowing the price on the Balfour.
    $500 Sold according to my email

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Mark, I saw 3 jerseys at $400 last week, but I'm not sure they stayed at that price. Balfour's was not one of them. For some reason, his name was together with Colon's, the price was $500 and it was supposedly sold, but I don't know if it meant both Colon & Balfour were sold.

If anyone bought the Jose Fernandez and wants to move it please let me know
    Looking for Hanley Ramirez and Soccer GU memorabilia.

FWIW -

As stated several times here, not ALL jerseys went to the highest bidder.

The jersey I was offered at $500 which I told my rep I wanted turned out to have been offered and accepted by another buyer before my rep told them I wanted it.

I was not asked if I wanted to bid it up, it was simply sold to the 1st person who accepted it at that price.

- Smitty