Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ken can you help ? Jefferies jersey

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I know there have been postings here before showing old score board ads from the early 90 s selling jerseys. If anyone has those images, please post one showing jefferies in the ad.
    Otherwise, I think these jerseys came out of either ACES or MC sports back in 1990
    Anthony Nunez posted a ton of images on this forum from old ads. There was no reference of a Jefferies jersey in any of them; however, the same threads were littered with examples of Jefferies Set 1 1990 homes that were on ebay and various auction houses. I have come across dozens of them myself.

You introduce the premise that another company had a similar deal with Rawlings that Scoreboard did, whereas game model jerseys were duplicated in every detail, down to the team tagging. Sure, this is plausible. If they could mass produce for Scoreboard, they certainly could do the same for another company.

So, I suppose the original point I was looking to make without splitting hairs is that buyers should AVOID any 1990 Set 1 home Gregg Jefferies jerseys, as they were mass produced for promotional purposes, and it is an extreme longshot that the true gamer can be found in the pile.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I would stay away from that jersey
    ACES represented him, and MC sports did a lot of marketing. It is possible they could have had Jefferies sign a letter and gotten his jersey

I swear I remember seeing Gregg Jefferies on QVC when he was still with the Mets. I'm pretty sure I have a Jefferies signed baseball and a signed Big Stick bat from SB too.

Cool article by Dave Miedema regarding ScoreBoard jerseys.

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php...t01returnid=98

NOPE
    those Jefferies jerseys were NOT from SB
    if you can find a better source then the former CEO of SB, LMK
    SB never ordered or sold Jefferies jerseys. SB was only able to order jerseys if we produced a letter to rawlings from the player requesting the jerseys. I am sure Sb was not the ONLY company or individual of that era to be able to do it.
    and I can 1000% guarantee Jefferies was never on QVC Carter, Gooden and straw yeah, but not jefferies

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    NOPE
    those Jefferies jerseys were NOT from SB
    if you can find a better source then the former CEO of SB, LMK
    SB never ordered or sold Jefferies jerseys. SB was only able to order jerseys if we produced a letter to rawlings from the player requesting the jerseys. I am sure Sb was not the ONLY company or individual of that era to be able to do it.
    and I can 1000% guarantee Jefferies was never on QVC Carter, Gooden and straw yeah, but not jefferies
    Got it Ken. Thanks for clearing that up.