Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by jmeekins33 View Post
    I can only comment on my experiences with DC Sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere.
    It is nice to see two brand new members now joining the discussion. Welcome to GUU!
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    That's not really fair cause every auction house makes and continues to make mistakes. Grey flannel, heritage, Goldins it's just how it goes. You support psa and they make mistakes too. It's everyone's right to defend just as much as it is to attack if something's wrong.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from Dan and Ryan though
    Yes - 3rd party authenticators will make mistakes but Dan's letters make it appear that each item came from a mysterious inside source with Los Angeles Lakers locker room access. The fact that the autograph on this one item is questionable makes me wonder what is the full story behind this operation and questions have been ignored not answered

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Joel, I think I know why Dan is not responding to you regarding the authentication fees. Mears, PSA, Meigray and other authenticators have a pricing scale when it comes to high end items.

Here is PSA's pricing scale: http://www.psacard.com/Fees/Autographs#batfees

Here is Mears' pricing scale: http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php...valuation-fees

Here is Meigray's pricing scale: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...D=$catParentID

Mark mentioned that Dan has a "standard" pricing for authentication/autographs. A potential rookie Kobe Bryant game used jersey is not a "standard" item. This is a high end, potentially high value item that he would have been authenticating. Don't you think Dan has every right to increase his authentication fees, based on other authenticators pricing scales? I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere.
    Dan is not PSA, MEARS or Meigray and if that is his policy why has he ignored my questions about it? If our hero would like to post on his own behalf it would add to our conversation and help prove his value to the industry. Sitting in a dark room ignoring emails and this thread is a bad sign for someone who has always been here part of our forum.

We have seen the same style letters for D. C. Sports for years stating items came from someone with special access to Los Angeles Lakers players and not we find a horrible example of a jersey that couldn't have come from The Lakers and suddenly we find that 3rd parties have been using Dan for authentication for a long time and he claims he just started writing letters for 3rd parties?

What about all those auction house items? They have been using Dan for years and they all can't be from inside a locker room from Dan's mysterious source? I see a whole big problem for a long time that this one rookie jersey has helped uncover.

Oh yeah, who is signing Kobe's signature also? It is not Kobe Bryant on this rookie jersey in discussion - I'll guarantee you that.

Banned

In my past dealing with Dan at DC sport I have had nothing but professional, knowledgable interactions with him. All items purchased from DC are shipped before he requires payment . Dan allow a 1 week window to look at item, and in my case I photomatch items.. I would say 85% of time I find a match and the other 15% is b/c there isn't a quality pic to match. I will say of the 8 Kobe jerseys I've bought from DC, 100% of those are matched. Your use of the term "our hero" is uncalled for and suggest an aura of an partial jury, when you try to portray yourself as a soldier of transparency and fairness in our great hobby. This post has led me read further onto all members involved via past threads and posts. And judging from your inputs seems others deserve fairness more than some... Depending on your relationship with them. Stop the witch hunt atmosphere and show some impartialness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by net0@thehalf View Post
    In my past dealing with Dan at DC sport I have had nothing but professional, knowledgable interactions with him. All items purchased from DC are shipped before he requires payment . Dan allow a 1 week window to look at item, and in my case I photomatch items.. I would say 85% of time I find a match and the other 15% is b/c there isn't a quality pic to match. I will say of the 8 Kobe jerseys I've bought from DC, 100% of those are matched. Your use of the term "our hero" is uncalled for and suggest an aura of an partial jury, when you try to portray yourself as a soldier of transparency and fairness in our great hobby. This post has led me read further onto all members involved via past threads and posts. And judging from your inputs seems others deserve fairness more than some... Depending on your relationship with them. Stop the witch hunt atmosphere and show some impartialness.
    I'm sure Dan has had some amazing authentic items over the years, but after a while when you keep pumping so much stuff into the marketplace with letter that state they all come from a source with access inside a professional sports team and you write letters for 3rd parties stating their items came from this source, it raises questions that Dan should answer instead of going into a shell.

I am impartial - I asked tough questions and Dan has ignored them for the most part but he has three new friends posting defending him today which is fine. All sides should share about their experiences.

I'd really like an explanation about the counterfeit Kobe autograph that was added to Ryan's jersey also - Witch hunt? Dan admits he charged for the autograph - so why isn't it authentic?

Finally, you have eight Kobe jerseys from Dan with his letters and photomatches? Can you post them all to share with us? It is amazing that one collector has eight jerseys himself so I understand why you would defend the authenticator when his practice is questioned instead of looking at the whole big picture that I am trying to get answers for.

The history of discussions on Game Used Universe show when an authenticator or distributor is questioned the first thing everyone does is defend their own inventory piece by piece. This is fine but it doesn't hide the fact that there is questionable activities take have taken place here.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I'm sure Dan has had some amazing authentic items over the years, but after a while when you keep pumping so much stuff into the marketplace with letter that state they all come from a source with access inside a professional sports team and you write letters for 3rd parties stating their items came from this source, it raises questions that Dan should answer instead of going into a shell.

I am impartial - I asked tough questions and Dan has ignored them for the most part but he has three new friends posting defending him today which is fine. All sides should share about their experiences.

I'd really like an explanation about the counterfeit Kobe autograph that was added to Ryan's jersey also - Witch hunt? Dan admits he charged for the autograph - so why isn't it authentic?

Finally, you have eight Kobe jerseys from Dan with his letters and photomatches? Can you post them all to share with us? It is amazing that one collector has eight jerseys himself so I understand why you would defend the authenticator when his practice is questioned instead of looking at the whole big picture that I am trying to get answers for.

The history of discussions on Game Used Universe show when an authenticator or distributor is questioned the first thing everyone does is defend their own inventory piece by piece. This is fine but it doesn't hide the fact that there is questionable activities take have taken place here.
    Here's what I know and what I can share. Dan does in fact have a locker room source for Lakers items and a lot of items do leak out. If he can get 4 or 5 jerseys each year, that's almost 50 in the marketplace. The jerseys you see at auction could very well all have originated from Dan. For you to assume or suggest that he is authenticating for auction houses and attaching a factually inaccurate letter is unfair. He already answered that question for you - he has only started authentication recently. He was using the same letter for authentication as the one he used for items he sold. It came back to bite him and he is changing the letter format going forward.

In terms of the autograph, I don't know if the one in question is is real or not but I do know that PSA is overly cautious when it comes to Kobe autos as they are with Jordan autos. I remember a previous discussion where Dan mentioned an ongoing spat with PSA over a whole bunch of Kobe autos that they wouldn't authenticate. Remember that PSA never says that an auto is fake (sometimes I wish they would), only that it can't be authenticated.

Hmm I find it odd all these new members coming out of the wood work to defend a guy who has been caught red handed. Dan should be posting himself not having his buddies defend him.

I'm not a new member. I've been here for years. I got locked out of my old account (JasonM33) a while ago and I was forced to open a new one. Furthermore, nobody asked me to defend them.

We have people in this thread that are not involved piling on and making disparaging comments. I thought it was only fair that someone who has actually done business with DC provide another viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by plinvestments View Post
    Here's what I know and what I can share. Dan does in fact have a locker room source for Lakers items and a lot of items do leak out.
    Can someone tell me what LEAK OUT means? Does that mean stolen?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    Can someone tell me what LEAK OUT means? Does that mean stolen?
    Someone mentioned a ball boy to me. Maybe someone should call The Los Angeles Lakers for a statement?

I just want to reiterate that I made a mistake and I will be refunding Ryan the authentication fee. The fee was a combination for the signature and the letter.

The autograph fee is based on the fact that it is very hard to obtain Kobe signatures and we use multiple sources and the price varies depending upon which source is available at that time. I also want to point out that just because PSA did not authenticate the signature does not mean that it is a counterfeit.

At the time I did the letter for Ryan I used a boiler plate letter and going forward we will make sure to be clearer on the source of any Lakers items that we are asked to authenticate.

DAN 323.257.4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com