Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: March 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

Picked up a few things from the Houston Astros yesterday. Don't have a pick put picked up a size 42 Team Issued Los Astros jersey from last season. Also picked this rare cap up. It is a 2009 Apollo 11 Astros cap of #54 Chad Paronto. It is game used autographed with MLB Authentication. Been looking for this hat for a long time and finally got it.

Pretty stoked about this one as I got it for a great deal.

2013 Rockies Game Worn BP Nolan Arenado Jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

I brought my Geiger and Rademacher bats to get signed at Spring Training. I also had my Trey Mcnutt, Zeke Devoss Breast Cancer Jersey, and John Andreoli jersey signed. 1 helmet signed by Kris Bryant and working on a team helmet. Lastly added a broken Albert Almora bat and a Jeudy Valdez bat. Excited about the Almora bat!

Picked up my second posada and first berkman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wildjimmy View Post
    I brought my Geiger and Rademacher bats to get signed at Spring Training. I also had my Trey Mcnutt, Zeke Devoss Breast Cancer Jersey, and John Andreoli jersey signed. 1 helmet signed by Kris Bryant and working on a team helmet. Lastly added a broken Albert Almora bat and a Jeudy Valdez bat. Excited about the Almora bat!
    If the Almora bat is for sale please let me know.

Recent additions below are 1950's era Hearst U.S. All Stars flannel jersey & jacket

Name:  HearstAllStars2.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  34.7 KB
    Image of Mickey Mantle with Hearst U.S. All Stars
    Name:  HearstAllStarswMM.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  8.2 KB

Max Kase (American writer and editor) had many successes during his tenure as sports editor of the Journal-American. In 1941, Kase founded the Hearst sandlot baseball program.In 1947, he organized an annual all-star game featuring the best players selected from local all-star games in cities with Hearst newspapers. The national all-star game was played at the Polo Grounds in New York and was called the Hearst Sandlot Classic. Kase solicited Babe Ruth to serve as chairman of the event. The Hearst sandlot program ultimately produced 50 Major League Baseball players, including all-stars Whitey Ford, Al Kaline, Joe Torre, Tony Kubek, Bill Freehan, Mike Marshall, and Bill Skowron > from Wikipedia

Chisox1967 those are awesome!
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

this is a 70's or early 80's rangers helmet "recycled" for use in 86 by catcher orlando mercado. as you can see, the red is exposed. it is a size "M", medium shell. later style helmets were "L" or large shell helmets, making this one unique. don't know how many of these remain but it is cool. out of all the old ABC helmets i own, this is my first of this style. i found a baseball card of orlando wearing this style of "small" helmet and it just might be this one. who knows.
    Name:  20140322_185754 (1200x1053).jpg
Views: 838
Size:  483.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    Not only a cool Pedro jersey but an awesome action shot to photo match it to!

Wondering, how does that pic photomatch it to the exact jersey? What are the distinguishing marks to prove it was game worn?

Quote Originally Posted by timb69 View Post
    Wondering, how does that pic photomatch it to the exact jersey? What are the distinguishing marks to prove it was game worn?
    He is basing it off the pinstripes. The E and Z match up as does the sleeze. I think it is a good start and a good chance it is the jersey...but I Dont think it is a for sure match. If I was the owner I would try to find more pics.