Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Opinion needed FAST Frank Thomas yearbook

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I've always viewed collecting as being a caretaker of history for the next generation. I realize I'm in the vast minority on this one, but it's how I see it. That's why I wouldn't mind a real yearbook with his high school signature (along with other classmates/schoolmates other random writing), however a yearbook with a clearly faked inscription would seem like a gimmick. That said, I'm glad the two of you got a nice laugh about it.
    We did... Thanks. He's a good guy. I still have his college yearbook. Maybe that one will be just a plain HOF signature. Go Sox

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    I took your advise. Cool auto.
    That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I've always viewed collecting as being a caretaker of history for the next generation. I realize I'm in the vast minority on this one, but it's how I see it. That's why I wouldn't mind a real yearbook with his high school signature (along with other classmates/schoolmates other random writing), however a yearbook with a clearly faked inscription would seem like a gimmick. That said, I'm glad the two of you got a nice laugh about it.
    I like the inscription idea and support any addition to ones collection that makes them smile. With respect to the above-poster's opinion, I think tha Frank's yearbook is prob in some abundance and is hardly destined for the smitsonian.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    I like the inscription idea and support any addition to ones collection that makes them smile. With respect to the above-poster's opinion, I think tha Frank's yearbook is prob in some abundance and is hardly destined for the smitsonian.
    His high school yearbook is a tough find because he came from a very small school and I'm sure he is the most famous student, so they probably keep their yearbooks for that reason. Mine belonged to a office staff member.. Still has her name in the book. It's cool I think. Yep.. Won't make it into any museum.. Just cool and unique if your a Frank fan.

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    I took your advise. Cool auto.
    Glad you liked the suggestion; I think it came out great and it was very cool that Frank got a chuckle out of that inscription.

It isn't like this is his high school jersey or anything and I think the shared memory behind it would add to your personal Frank Thomas collection overall.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Glad you liked the suggestion; I think it came out great and it was very cool that Frank got a chuckle out of that inscription.

It isn't like this is his high school jersey or anything and I think the shared memory behind it would add to your personal Frank Thomas collection overall.
    Yep. It was perfect!! Thanks

When it comes to signing just about anything in this hobby you will get folks on both sides of the fence. I think it looks awesome, stasman!

Thanks