Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Pujols hits HR #500

Ironically, what impresses me the most about Pujols is what he does both on and OFF the field. Here is a great article which, I believe, served as the basis for the 60 Minutes segment on Albert. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/albert-p...-on-the-field/

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Congrats to the greatest and most consistent player of the post hank aaron era.
    ( " steroid free " if refer to, as Bonds will always be the greatest post ruth hitter)
    Hopefully Albert stays healthy and can get to 700
    No one in this era should ever be called steroid free...just my opinion. At least no one should be glamorized as the greatest steroid free player as Biogenesis showed players can get around drug tests easily..

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    No one in this era should ever be called steroid free...just my opinion. At least no one should be glamorized as the greatest steroid free player as Biogenesis showed players can get around drug tests easily..

Agreed 100%

Good for Pujols for reaching the milestone, but as with everything in this era of baseball.........guilty until proven innocent as far as roiding up. Doesn't change my enjoyment of the game. I've long advocated letting all of them roid up, we can't stop them and everyone loves lots of homeruns and injured players returning faster!

But anyways, good job to Pujols

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
    Agreed 100%

Good for Pujols for reaching the milestone, but as with everything in this era of baseball.........guilty until proven innocent as far as roiding up. Doesn't change my enjoyment of the game. I've long advocated letting all of them roid up, we can't stop them and everyone loves lots of homeruns and injured players returning faster!

But anyways, good job to Pujols
    I agree, let em roid. Baseball was boring enough to begin with. If it turns into nothing but a bunch of Bret Boones smacking infield singles for 3 hours, no one will ever go to a game. Drugs can't give you the ability to hit a 96mph fastball. You either can or you can't.

Great ideas guys! That will really send a nice message to the kids... Hey, Lets give them aluminum bats while we're at it.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    Drugs can't give you the ability to hit a 96mph fastball. You either can or you can't.
    Have you ever looked at Brady Anderson's stats?
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Hey, Lets give them aluminum bats while we're at it.
    Aluminum bats and golf balls! Now you're onto something!

Aluminum bats and golf balls! Now you're onto something!
    Someone would get killed if they used Aluminum. It would be an awful idea.

I don't take away from Pujols though. In this era even if he did take steroids it wouldn't make me think of it less.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Someone would get killed if they used Aluminum. It would be an awful idea.

I don't take away from Pujols though. In this era even if he did take steroids it wouldn't make me think of it less.
    So you don't think less of Bond's record? I sure do.

I agree, let em roid. Baseball was boring enough to begin with. If it turns into nothing but a bunch of Bret Boones smacking infield singles for 3 hours, no one will ever go to a game. Drugs can't give you the ability to hit a 96mph fastball. You either can or you can't.

I think thats something a lot of people don't really consider. I think people just think you roid up and just become amazing at any sport. You still need talent. I bet I could roid up 8x more than Bonds even dreamed of and I'd never bat above .002 in the majors!