Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Pujols hits HR #500

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    So you don't think less of Bond's record? I sure do.
    I think Bonds is very different. Everyone thinks he was HOF bound without them, but I disagree. His first 4 years were really nothing eye popping. I thinks it pretty clear he started using steroids that 5th year and just keep adding more. Bonds took a 25HR guy and made himself a 75HR guy. It was sickening to watch his ego grow with his head. His stats aren't even human...he just took it to a disgraceful level.

And the fact he can lie still to this day is pretty sad. I would respect him more if he came out saying yah I did it like most of baseball. The fact that he can continue to say he never knew he did is just sad. Everyone knows he did it intentionally...you don't go from 25 to 73.

Also I think anyone that supports legalizing steroids would regret it if it happened.

I want to see pure gifted talents not a bunch of monsters ruining their bodies. Steroids can be dangerous and have a lot of bad effects depending on the person.

Steroid use on a mass scale would be scary. Cause when MLB players do it college kids will. Then you have high school kids forced to do it....what next? Little League? Then the dangers of harder hit balls will outlaw aluminum bats and a company like Demarini will be hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Also I think anyone that supports legalizing steroids would regret it if it happened.

I want to see pure gifted talents not a bunch of monsters ruining their bodies. Steroids can be dangerous and have a lot of bad effects depending on the person.

Steroid use on a mass scale would be scary. Cause when MLB players do it college kids will. Then you have high school kids forced to do it....what next? Little League? Then the dangers of harder hit balls will outlaw aluminum bats and a company like Demarini will be hit hard.

What about a league of any sport where its mixed sex like a rec league intramural team.......the only catch is they let the women juice up how much they want and the guys have to stay clean. Roided up Brittany Griner vs clean Lebron????

What about using HGH and PEDs just for recovery?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
    What about a league of any sport where its mixed sex like a rec league intramural team.......the only catch is they let the women juice up how much they want and the guys have to stay clean. Roided up Brittany Griner vs clean Lebron????

You lost me at Brittany Griner

I wouldn't mind PEDs for recovery.

I want to see them on the field so taking something to heal a torn ACL or Braun using something to stay on the field in 2011 with the hamstring issue would be interesting to legalize.

I want to see them on the field so taking something to heal a torn ACL or Braun using something to stay on the field in 2011 with the hamstring issue would be interesting to legalize.

Braun didn't use PEDs to recover from a hamstring injury in 2011, he used them to gain an advantage, and from most reports, since college. The problem with allowing PEDs for injuries is PEDs don't magically leave your system once you're healed from an injury, it would still be an advantage once the player has returned to action.

PEDs would have a limited impact on things like ACLs or any tendons like an achilles, due to limited bloodflow to those types of things. Now the hamstring issue you speak of, that is an area where PEDs could come into play with helping to recover.

DeacDoug, I tried to send you a message about the ticket but it says you don't receive them. Shoot me an email; I might like to have that ticket. Thanks! chris . dulle @ g mail dot com

PEDs would have a limited impact on things like ACLs or any tendons like an achilles, due to limited bloodflow to those types of things. Now the hamstring issue you speak of, that is an area where PEDs could come into play with helping to recover.
    I was just giving a quick example as I was sorta rushed, but I think you got the point.

I am sure there are drugs out there that can help you stay healthy without giving any real performance improvement other than that. It would be an interesting consideration as teams lose a lot when a player goes down and the team goes with them. Probably will never happen though.

As far as the guy commenting on Braun I am not going to argue when the sources you speak of aren't credible at all. There never was any proof period other than 2011. Only thing connecting him outside of that was some guy trying to sue him...and that man is just trying to take advantage of the situation and ruin his reputation more.

This thread is already of topic as it is.

I was just giving a quick example as I was sorta rushed, but I think you got the point.

I am sure there are drugs out there that can help you stay healthy without giving any real performance improvement other than that. It would be an interesting consideration as teams lose a lot when a player goes down and the team goes with them. Probably will never happen though.

As far as the guy commenting on Braun I am not going to argue when the sources you speak of aren't credible at all. There never was any proof period other than 2011. Only thing connecting him outside of that was some guy trying to sue him...and that man is just trying to take advantage of the situation and ruin his reputation more.

This thread is already of topic as it is.
    I'm a Braun fan and supporter, but I think its pretty naive to say any of these guys were using it just for recovery. I agree 100% that it is a benefit of PEDs and HGH as far as recovery, I'd also agree 100% that Braun didn't go overboard for power with them like Bonds and those guys.........but saying he just used it for recovery is a bit silly. He is a very talented player and I think he'll be just fine since he wasn't defined as a power hitter before, but even as a fan and someone who will continue cheering for him, I believe he was using them for performance purposes beyond injury recovery.