Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned

Wink Re: George Springer MLB Debut Jersey going for $5,000

And if George Springer ends up being the next Joe Charboneau, there are gonna be some downright MISERABLE game used buyers.

Dave Miedema

Re: George Springer MLB Debut Jersey going for $5,000

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    The thing about Springer is that he only changed to #4 after his call-up. I believe he was wearing a number in the seventies for ST. Yes - It would make sense that there would be more BP/Sunday alternates produced. But, since you saw the jersey in person, I want to ask: Did it show many signs of use? From looking at the photos in the auction, it appeared like it had been worn maybe once, and twice would be the most liberal estimate.

The Mariners auction off a bunch of one or two game used jerseys, and it sours me on the hobby. I like a good, pounded shirt, but I think these are becoming a thing of the past - at least for star players. Ten years from now, are these newer, mass-produced jerseys going to be worth anything, when my own retail authentics show more wear than the players' gamers?
    Didn't take that good of look at the jersey but from what I saw it did not show that much use. Like you said the jersey was probably only used 1-2 times at best.

I was at the game last night and I saw the springer jersey in the case behind the counter but it was tough to get a good look at the use, you could only see the back side of the jersey
    Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
    txacerj23@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    $3,600 for a hat? Is this really happening? 5K for the line up card? 10K for the camo jersey? The deal of all the auctions is the 79' lot. At least you get a batting helmet and cap included. This guy has some serious cash flow laying around to be winning every auction. Did this guy win the debut jersey as well? All I can say is my mind has been blown!
    The Springer Camo jersey and hat are up for auction again...
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    The Springer Camo jersey and hat are up for auction again...

Yeah how does that happen?? "Bidders" throw out these crazy insane high bids and keep jumping the prices on all these items and then just dont pay? Sounds like a marketing machine at work
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Yeah how does that happen?? "Bidders" throw out these crazy insane high bids and keep jumping the prices on all these items and then just dont pay? Sounds like a marketing machine at work
    I'm not sure how to take your comment. Are you suggesting that Springer's people were artificially inflating the prices on his items?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408