Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Got negtive feedback from item showing "too much" game use!

And the bad part is, eBay won't remove negative feedback, no matter how unjustified it is.

A few months ago, someone left me a negative because I wouldn't accept their lowball Best Offer on a second unrelated item.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with eBay CS, and their response was "feedback is the buyer's opinion, and they are entitled to any opinion they want, even if you did everything right as a seller."

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    This is a new one for me, just got negative feedback on ebay, from a buyer who said that the (game used) item he bought which showed use in the photos was way too dirty for him to wear.

This industry always seems to amaze me, along side an increase in foolish ebay buyers
    First, I don't think the guy is necessarily foolish. At the price he paid, I could easily see how he could look at it as a nice alternative to buying an off the shelf pair of baseball or softball pants to use.

In the early 1970s I needed a pair of baseball cleats, and somebody was selling a pair of game used George Lauzerique A's cleats, in my size, for about what I was looking to pay. So I figured that would be kind of cool, to literally "walk in the shoes of a big leaguer" and I also figured that even though they were used, they were of major league quality. I used them for several years and when they wore out, I tossed them away. But they served their purpose, and very economically.

What I don't get is this: Why can't you just refund the guy $1.00 and tell him to wash the pants? If he's planning to wear and use them himself, he'll be washing them many more times anyway.

But, I'd start the dialogue with him by explaining why you left the dirt on them in the first place - the whole game used collecting point of view. And again, I wouldn't put him down for having other plans.

Just my opinion (as always.)

The buyer left negative feedback without asking for any refund. So why would I then give him one then for no reason? Also, that is fine that he bought the pants as an alternative to wear but I listed the item int he game used memorabilia category, which means that it's intended use is not for someone else to wear. it was sold as a piece of memorabilia. That fact that he wants to wear them, is outside the purpose on what the product was marketed and sold as.

It is like saying, " I am upset that this pencil that I bought doesn't make me look thinner when I hold it, so it is a misleading product." The purpose you buy it a product for, should not affect the purpose on how it was sold. That buyer didn't even bother to ask if there was stains on the pains prior to the purchase, so how am I supposed to assume that he is going wear them with use that is satisfactory for him? Does anyone buy a game used uncracked bat for your own play and crack the bat in a game, then look for a refund? Or being upset because you would use the amount of pine tar that was already on that bat?

Also, the Longoria jersey, I was not previously aware that the Rass were going to sell their throwback jersey worn on 8/10/14, otherwise, I would not have bought the Longoria jersey, so selling it to get funds for the throwbacks. Is that explanation satisfactory to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    The buyer left negative feedback without asking for any refund. So why would I then give him one then for no reason? Also, that is fine that he bought the pants as an alternative to wear but I listed the item int he game used memorabilia category, which means that it's intended use is not for someone else to wear. it was sold as a piece of memorabilia. That fact that he wants to wear them, is outside the purpose on what the product was marketed and sold as.

It is like saying, " I am upset that this pencil that I bought doesn't make me look thinner when I hold it, so it is a misleading product." The purpose you buy it a product for, should not affect the purpose on how it was sold. That buyer didn't even bother to ask if there was stains on the pains prior to the purchase, so how am I supposed to assume that he is going wear them with use that is satisfactory for him? Does anyone buy a game used uncracked bat for your own play and crack the bat in a game, then look for a refund? Or being upset because you would use the amount of pine tar that was already on that bat?

Also, the Longoria jersey, I was not previously aware that the Rass were going to sell their throwback jersey worn on 8/10/14, otherwise, I would not have bought the Longoria jersey, so selling it to get funds for the throwbacks. Is that explanation satisfactory to you?

Your examples are horrible...they make no sense at all.

The pencil thing is just dumb. The pants can be collected or worn, but I'm not sure you can write and use a pencil to look skinny. I just don't see the comparison as buying a pencil to look skinny isn't a known use for a pencil.

The buying the bat and breaking it, then asking for a refund also makes little sense...Why would a person expect a refund?

The pine tar makes sense and yes if it turned out to have more than I wanted(and I was going to use it) I would want to return it.

While I understand your frustration, just because you put it in the memorabilia category doesn't mean much. The definition is to keep or collect something...pretty broad if you ask me.

Let's say I decide to do an art project using some pipes and I drive to the hardware store. Once I get there I go to the clearly marked plumbing section and buy some, but oh no I get home and they aren't going to work. So I drive back and return them...do you really think they are going to refuse a refund?

Now he probably shouldn't have left bad feedback without asking for a refund. If you still refused I might have then given negative feedback.

In the future more pictures will always help and if you want to shrink your buying market mention it is only intended to be displayed and not used...or at least make them aware you don't intend on your buyer using it. Like I said before selling on EBay you have to assume everyone is an idiot.

(On the Longoria jersey I was just curious why you were flipping such a nice piece that quickly...I wasn't accusing you of trying to profit on it etc...as I saw it wasn't all that much higher than what you bought it for.)

I agree with Jake. The is not only a fool but a rude ahole too.

He listed it in the "GAME USED" category. Takes a special snowflake to buy a pair of game used pants and then complain about them.

And johnsontravis you are a troll and being very rude yourself. Are you the special snowflake who bought them?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
    Members like you trolling someones thread and making fun of them and harassing them are the reason this board losing members or they stop posting.
    People like you and Marino13 take away from what should be a great board.

I wish those like you who exhibit trollish behaviour would just go away or be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    johnsontravis@ymail.com
    Members like you trolling someones thread and making fun of them and harassing them are the reason this board losing members or they stop posting.

I wish those like you who exhibit trollish behaviour would just go away or be banned.
    I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion. I don't think that makes me a troll. I'm also not sure Chris would ban people for disagreeing or else this forum would be empty.

I stated my view and gave all my reasons, if you still disagree that is fine. Though calling me a troll just because I'm not totally defending the collector is just silly. I felt I did it in an acceptable manner and didn't attack anyone.

From a game used collectors point of view it seems crazy, but how about you look at it from someone else's point of view?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    johnsontravis@ymail.com

Also don't forget to look in the mirror. Calling people foolish,A Holes, and special snowflakes. Are you really the one to call others rude or harrassing? You are one of these people you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Also don't forget to look in the mirror. Calling people foolish,A Holes, and special snowflakes. Are you really the one to call others rude or harrassing? You are one of these people you speak of.
    I asked if you were that special snowflake (the buyer).

I didn't call any members here foolish or ahole. The buyer I believe is those things.

You got a burr under your saddle for some reason with this topic and you have trolled it. You may not be a troll but you sure are exhibiting some trollish behaviour.

While I really, really hate to agree with anything Mr. Roady says, I have to in this situation. There is a reason coffee cups have to say "Caution Hot!".