Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2000 Mets/Steiner No tags?

Up for sale on ebay is a 2000 Game Used Payton w/Steiner letter that has a Rawlings label with no tags at all. I e-mailed seller last week and there has been no response. Has any member seen a 2000 G/U label without flag or size tags?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JAY-PAYTON-GAME-...QQcmdZViewItem

Banned

Re: 2000 Mets/Steiner No tags?

Swoboda I dont know where you see it saying it has a Steiner letter, maybe I am missing something but I don't see anywhere , where it says that.

As far as the Jersey itself I have seen many of the Mets Game Used Alternates without tags.

I noticed only the Home and Away Jerseys have tags.

Re: 2000 Mets/"MLB" No tags?

I am wrong on labeling the COA Steiner. Its MLB. With that though ,the authentication#=00001137,needs a letter(s)in front of the number. In applying all the letter combos in front of the numbers assigned(00001137) to this jersey by the seller, the mlb database has this serial# for the following: Steve Garvey signing(DR+#)Arod signing(AT+#),Cirillo signing(TD+#),Chan Ho Park jersey(Wb+#)but no Payton.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp

Isnt the Rawlings tag suppose to be inside the jersey on the Gamers for Rawlings.I have a 2002 gamer Rawlings and my tag is on the inside...Or was it diffrent in 2000????

During the 2000 season MLB granted a company called Legends Collectibles the license to sell game used jerseys. Some of these jerseys were featured in the Grey Flannel summer games 2001 auction. This auction featured several Mets jerseys which were supposed to be used in particular games and were documented w/ COA stating the game, boxscore,etc. There was a Derek Bell, Turk Wendell and Mike Bordick in that auction and all had no flag tags and the Rawlings tag on the outside of the jerseys. This jersey if legit may have been one of these Legends jerseys. The one thing that is strange about this jersey is that the seller is offering a copy of the box score, COA and not the original.

David

and yes gamers from the 2000-2002 Rawlings jerseys had the Rawlings tag in the inside and not the outside.

-David

The same seller also has for sale Piazza gamers from Rawlings(Dodgers). Did Piazza use Rawlings in a mlb game or do I remember that those were for batting practice,if at all? David,nice catch with "copy"of COA not original and inside of jersey,not out,label.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-PIAZZA-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem