Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Celebz Direct & Hgpdiamond Questionable business practices

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    You're welcome. Also in post 45 of that thread, Nick from Celebz clearly explains their LOA situation and the fact they make COPIES of their LOAs. Tella27 obviously didn't do any homework.
    They make their own COAs worded their own way and then add a facsimile signature of the player to fool people into thinking the coa is signed by the player authenticating the item as being what was wrote. They say they can't get them to sign every coa but if they are there with them while they are signing why not take a picture of the player with the item? The player doesn't have to do anything. The people that stand up for these questionable practices are the same people that have gleaming white jerseys - that look like they have never been worn - marked game used in their collections. Companies like Celebz continue to do this know those same people will continue to purchase from them. And beachpetrol you should read the original post and read that I bought the jersey from hgp - it's since been returned for a refund thanks to Paypal.

In tella's defense, and for those that are really caring about sigs or copies, Celebz used to have real sigs of the player on every LOA in the beginning. They have since stopped around last yr or so and went with the copy sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    In tella's defense, and for those that are really caring about sigs or copies, Celebz used to have real sigs of the player on every LOA in the beginning. They have since stopped around last yr or so and went with the copy sig.
    The biggest issue is the hpg sold it with the wording that it came with a signed coa from player.

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    The biggest issue is the hpg sold it with the wording that it came with a signed coa from player.
    Is this the JC Romero jersey you bought from hgpdiamond:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-20...p2047675.l2557

Is this the JC Romero jersey you bought from hgpdiamond:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-20...p2047675.l2557
    Yes and I asked if the coa was signed or a copied coa and I was told the hgp doesn't use copied COAs - the coa had a facsimile signature and it was returned.

For what its worth, I have bought numerous items from Scot at Celebz and have been 100% happy with each item. He's a standup guy in my book.

Yes and I asked if the coa was signed or a copied coa and I was told the hgp doesn't use copied COAs - the coa had a facsimile signature and it was returned.
    Right. Hgpdiamond does not use copied COAs. Celebz Direct does. There are two photos of the COA in the auction, and they clearly say Celebz Direct on the COA.

You say your biggest problem with hgpdiamond is the "wording that it came with a signed coa from player." Nowhere in their auction does it say the COA is SIGNED by the player.

But what is even more interesting is this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-St...p2047675.l2557

If you claimed that the jersey showed no use, then why did you try to resell it as game used?

Right. Hgpdiamond does not use copied COAs. Celebz Direct does. There are two photos of the COA in the auction, and they clearly say Celebz Direct on the COA.

You say your biggest problem with hgpdiamond is the "wording that it came with a signed coa from player." Nowhere in their auction does it say the COA is SIGNED by the player.

But what is even more interesting is this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-St...p2047675.l2557

If you claimed that the jersey showed no use, then why did you try to resell it as game used?
    Read my last post guy - I CONTACTED Hgp PRIOR to buying and was told they don't use copied COAs. Scot tried to get around the fact that the coa had a facsimile signature. Obviously it was seen that it said Celebz Direct but I wasn't aware that CD started using copies. I did have it listed as it was described to me UNTIL I found out that it wasn't a genuine signature from him on the coa. Once that was discovered I pulled the listing and contacted Paypal for a return. Just like on my Wieters glove post - you just try and cause issues. You ran your mouth saying I tried to defraud someone out of money just to be shut up and proven wrong. Go troll another thread, I'm trying to help other collectors and you're just trying to cause issues.

Read my last post guy - I CONTACTED Hgp PRIOR to buying and was told they don't use copied COAs. Scot tried to get around the fact that the coa had a facsimile signature. Obviously it was seen that it said Celebz Direct but I wasn't aware that CD started using copies. I did have it listed as it was described to me UNTIL I found out that it wasn't a genuine signature from him on the coa. Once that was discovered I pulled the listing and contacted Paypal for a return. Just like on my Wieters glove post - you just try and cause issues. You ran your mouth saying I tried to defraud someone out of money just to be shut up and proven wrong. Go troll another thread, I'm trying to help other collectors and you're just trying to cause issues.
    I did read your last post and maybe you don't understand that hgpdiamond doesn't issue the COAs. Celebz Direct does. Hence why hgpdiamond does not issue copied COAs. Its really nice to know that you knew ahead of time that the jersey did not have any use, yet for the good part of two weeks you tried to sell it on ebay as game used. Nice. Glad you are a part of this great collecting community.

I did read your last post and maybe you don't understand that hgpdiamond doesn't issue the COAs. Celebz Direct does. Hence why hgpdiamond does not issue copied COAs. Its really nice to know that you knew ahead of time that the jersey did not have any use, yet for the good part of two weeks you tried to sell it on ebay as game used. Nice. Glad you are a part of this great collecting community.
    AGAIN guy I said until I found out that the signature wasn't a genuine signature on the coa FROM the player, I was selling it as it was stated on the jersey and coa GAME USED. Prior to my purchase I asked the seller HGP if the signature on the coa was a copy and Scot from hpg replied "Hgp doesn't use copied COAs" this goes along with Scot saying that hpg and CD were sister companies. With all of that I took it as it was a genuine signature on the coa from Romero and even with the appearance of the jersey I took it as genuine since I believe the coa stating it was game used was signed by Romero. Once I found out that CD uses copies I looked at the coa more closely and found it was a facsimile. Once I believed the authenticity of the jersey was in question I pulled the listing - something I've already stated in prior posts on this thread. If you have other feelings about HGP then purchase from them.