Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: How do i put a value on a rare jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Here's the link to a recent Goldin Auction that sold a very similar 1994 Steve Young jersey, with ironclad provenance.

http://goldinauctions.com/historic__..._-lot2869.aspx

Thanks for the link commando, it's similar except the 75yr patch placement is offset slightly on this one. Notice it in the picture i attached earlier? If you don't know about that, i read an article by 9erStorm recently about spotting fakes on ebay. He said "The NFL's 75th anniversary took place during the 1994 season. If you see a 49ers jersey from this year (like the ones that they wore in Super Bowl XXIX, it MUST have this patch. The patch was sewn in one of two spots. Either the top if the patch should be perfectly aligned with the seam near the collarbone that separates the body of the jersey from the top of the jersey. Or it could be placed about half an inch to an inch higher so that the left and right corners of the diamond shape are aligned with this seam. Also, it is a common misconception to see a jersey in the style of the 80's teams with this patch. This may still be an authentic. The 49ers wore their regular jerseys during the beginning of the 1994 season and did not switch to the "shadow" style until later in the season."

[QUOTE=deerhunter;365057]
    Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I'm curious about why the letter isn't signed. One would think that an LOA would be easily copied/forged without a signature on it. You'd just need a high resolution copier and a laser printer, I'd think, unless the paper has a watermark.

It has a raised embossed letterhead logo and address, i do not think you can fake it.

Have you ever seen anything like it before?
    A raised embossed letterhead can be obtained many places.

There is only 1 person that I know of from here (or anywhere) that would enjoy and want that jersey than anyone, Paul, who goes by the username 'solarlottry' on here.

You can email him at garciajones@yahoo.com, as he puts his email in all his sigs here, so I assume he wouldn't mind me posting it.

He is the BIGGEST SF49'er "REAL" game-worn jersey collection of anyone I've ever known. Just search posts by his username above and you'll soon see that this is NOT an understatement.

He knows all the differences between what a Montana/Rice/Young fake vs. real looks like and the characteristics.

If Paul doesn't buy it from you, I agree with others, that putting it in the next Goldin Auctions will yield the biggest payday for that jersey far more than ANY auction house out there.

Good luck and congrats on a great piece!

[QUOTE=nycpropain;365087]
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post

A raised embossed letterhead can be obtained many places.
    Thank you i did not know that, you are welcome to see it for you have any doubts and are near Lake Oswego Or. Please inform me if also a processed mail stamp from the post office on a (matching raised embossed logo) envelope can be obtained from many places?

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    There is only 1 person that I know of from here (or anywhere) that would enjoy and want that jersey than anyone, Paul, who goes by the username 'solarlottry' on here.

You can email him at garciajones@yahoo.com, as he puts his email in all his sigs here, so I assume he wouldn't mind me posting it.

He is the BIGGEST SF49'er "REAL" game-worn jersey collection of anyone I've ever known. Just search posts by his username above and you'll soon see that this is NOT an understatement.

He knows all the differences between what a Montana/Rice/Young fake vs. real looks like and the characteristics.

If Paul doesn't buy it from you, I agree with others, that putting it in the next Goldin Auctions will yield the biggest payday for that jersey far more than ANY auction house out there.

Good luck and congrats on a great piece!

Thanks for that tip Nicacs, is he a huge collector or a huge fan? I am looking for the huge Steve Young fan, not the huge collector. I need the huge fan who can go through hell (Modesto) and back to be able to tell this forum a great story next week, maybe one that will start a new wave of excitement across the bay that the 49ers need right now. Will he fly into Portland tomorrow, pick me and the jersey up and dirve us 100MPH down the 5 to the Riverbank area where Curt's ranch is? A fan would to hear the story personally from Curt. Would Paul drive to Curt's dealerships in Escalon, Manteca and Modesto looking for him if he wasn't at his ranch? A fan would so he could hear Steve tell the story on Curt's speaker phone. I thank you for the tip Nicacs but i am in need of a fan that wants to take a shot at the once in a lifetime chance at digging up some personal sports nuggets of Steve's past, not some commercial collector that has no passion for the truth of it all. There is something very special here, if you have eyes to see it Nic, ask yourself why, why this jersey? Steve could have given him any jersey (and has), why this one? There is a huge mystery i believe waiting to be reported here for the doubter out there. Does this fan sound like Paul? If so have him call our Skype number and I will give him the address, David 541-412-6726

The 1994 49ers wore the regular non throwback road whites once during the year to my knowledge, that was the game against the Chiefs. The other possibilities would be 10/9 at Lions or 11/28 at Saints. I thought after the Eagles beat them they didn't wear the regular jerseys anymore. A 49er expert can chime in here. The other possibility would be wearing two jerseys for the Chiefs game or the preseason

9/5 Raiders (home red)
    9/11 @Chiefs (white away)
    9/18 @Rams (red throwbacks)
    9/25 Saints (red throwbacks)
    10/2 Eagles (home red)
    10/9 @Lions ?
    10/16 @Falcons (white throwbacks)
    10/23 Bucs (red throwbacks)
    10/30 bye
    11/6 @Redskins (red throwbacks)
    11/13 Cowboys (red throwbacks)
    11/20 Rams (red throwbacks)
    11/28 @Saints ?
    12/4 Falcons (red throwbacks)
    12/11 @Chargers (white throwbacks)
    12/17 Broncos (red throwbacks)
    12/26 @Vikings (white throwbacks)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    The 1994 49ers wore the regular non throwback road whites once during the year to my knowledge, that was the game against the Chiefs. The other possibilities would be 10/9 at Lions or 11/28 at Saints. I thought after the Eagles beat them they didn't wear the regular jerseys anymore. A 49er expert can chime in here. The other possibility would be wearing two jerseys for the Chiefs game or the preseason

9/5 Raiders (home red)
    9/11 @Chiefs (white away)
    9/18 @Rams (red throwbacks)
    9/25 Saints (red throwbacks)
    10/2 Eagles (home red)
    10/9 @Lions ?
    10/16 @Falcons (white throwbacks)
    10/23 Bucs (red throwbacks)
    10/30 bye
    11/6 @Redskins (red throwbacks)
    11/13 Cowboys (red throwbacks)
    11/20 Rams (red throwbacks)
    11/28 @Saints ?
    12/4 Falcons (red throwbacks)
    12/11 @Chargers (white throwbacks)
    12/17 Broncos (red throwbacks)
    12/26 @Vikings (white throwbacks)
    First game of preseason 08/05/1994 vs. Arizona

Thanks for that tip Nicacs, is he a huge collector or a huge fan? I am looking for the huge Steve Young fan, not the huge collector. I need the huge fan who can go through hell (Modesto) and back to be able to tell this forum a great story next week, maybe one that will start a new wave of excitement across the bay that the 49ers need right now. Will he fly into Portland tomorrow, pick me and the jersey up and dirve us 100MPH down the 5 to the Riverbank area where Curt's ranch is? A fan would to hear the story personally from Curt. Would Paul drive to Curt's dealerships in Escalon, Manteca and Modesto looking for him if he wasn't at his ranch? A fan would so he could hear Steve tell the story on Curt's speaker phone. I thank you for the tip Nicacs but i am in need of a fan that wants to take a shot at the once in a lifetime chance at digging up some personal sports nuggets of Steve's past, not some commercial collector that has no passion for the truth of it all. There is something very special here, if you have eyes to see it Nic, ask yourself why, why this jersey? Steve could have given him any jersey (and has), why this one? There is a huge mystery i believe waiting to be reported here for the doubter out there. Does this fan sound like Paul? If so have him call our Skype number and I will give him the address, David 541-412-6726
    This is perhaps the strangest post I've ever read on GUU. I hope the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we all become privy to some great Steve Young stories. I'm excited to learn more.

First game of preseason 08/05/1994 vs. Arizona
    cool!

Out of curiosity, does the jersey show any use? Piling on the numbers?

There are too many team issued jerseys floating around with great letters...

I've even owned one myself...