Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MEARS Auction Problem?

I've won my lot twice already and now it's opened again. That's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    I've won my lot twice already and now it's opened again. That's not cool.

It's not. You can actually say I won 2 auctions 3 different times. And I'm not bidding anymore, I'm done.

Anyone received any emails on how this will be handled? I imagine a lot of people are done, thinking they've won or lost lots. I'm not staying up to see how this plays out with no communication from mears.. I don't even know what bids are being honored.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

what a mess.. cant bid...gotta think they reopen this auction again tomorrow. Otherwise the auction house and seller lose money

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Anyone received any emails on how this will be handled? I imagine a lot of people are done, thinking they've won or lost lots. I'm not staying up to see how this plays out with no communication from mears.. I don't even know what bids are being honored.
    They've supposedly re-opened the auction and are allowing it to run for a bit longer.

lots are now live again with extended times

Banned

The site was down a couple times because of all the action. It's only fair to consignors and bidders that they've extended it. I believe it's all good now and will end at 9 15 pacific time, withe extendid bidding after that. The only ones that are pissed are the ones that thought they got steals, but that was because most of the bidders couldn't even get on to bid.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy406 View Post
    The site was down a couple times because of all the action. It's only fair to consignors and bidders that they've extended it. I believe it's all good now and will end at 9 15 pacific time, withe extendid bidding after that. The only ones that are pissed are the ones that thought they got steals, but that was because most of the bidders couldn't even get on to bid.
    It locked up for me around 7:50 Central and I could not get in until 8:17. Apparently, the 15-minute rule still kicked in at 8:00 and ended at 8:15, which is really weird if there were people bidding during those 15 minutes. Regardless of who was or wasn't able to bid, the 15 minute rule obviously ended WAYYYYY too early, so it's certainly fair to all bidders that it was re-opened.

This is just ridiculous. I've won an item, supposedly, three times now and then just got run up and outbid.
    Between this tonight and having items won both look off when received, compared to their description or failing outside authentication...bad deal.

Same here, couldn't bid in...