Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

I'll be there all three days.

Should be interesting in another new venue. Wonder how it will all layout.

Banned

Smile Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    The prices have varied wildly from sale to sale, often without rhyme or reason, for years. If you want something bad enough, you'll pay the price, which, remember, goes to White Sox Charities. Again, I don't think it would be desirable for most collectors to see 'em use an auction format. Then the best stuff will go mostly to the people with the most money. The current format rewards collectors who are willing to wait in line. I've been able to buy some amazing stuff over the years that I wouldn't have been able to afford if it was auctioned.

FYI, there were a handful of Griffey jerseys on the rack at SoxFest 2009. Only one was game used. I was able to buy it at a discount late Sunday.
    Dave:

Remember the $1,000 Gordon Beckham GU jerseys? For me, money well NOT spent.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Dave:

Remember the $1,000 Gordon Beckham GU jerseys? For me, money well NOT spent.

Dave Miedema
    Oh yeah.

I also remember $100 Frank Thomas GU bats at one of the sales at the park. You just never know. Most of the time, though, the prices have been higher than market value.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Oh yeah.

I also remember $100 Frank Thomas GU bats at one of the sales at the park. You just never know. Most of the time, though, the prices have been higher than market value.
    I bought a Thomas already signed one year for $150. I also only paid $300 for my Belle signed jersey and I believe Thomas was the same price. Beckham bats will now be $35-$50. Last year the sox were trying to get $125 for a peavy ball so you still have the overpriced items you just never know what they are going to be. They still have the Thome for $1250.

Was reading an article just now and saw abreu will only be there Friday

I am not sure what is around this new venue but if anyone wants to meet up at this years soxfest feel free to shoot me an email. I will be there all weekend. Maybe we can all meet up at the bar for a drink.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

Health permitting, I'll be there Friday and Saturday. That health, though, kept me away from the Cubs Covention for only the second time in 20 years or so.

Dave M.

Would love a DAN JOHNSON #29 Sox throwback used/issued jersey if it is available

email jahimiak33@yahoo.com