Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Re: Show off your player collections

Awesome Leonard jersey & helmet collection "alanch" - Love those 2009 AFL NY Titans throwbacks!!

Well I figured I would do my part and add to this awesome thread. Over the past few years I have spend a lot of time gathering items from my and my fiancé's favorite active player, Jonathan Schoop. The story of how he came about to be our favorite player is an interesting one. I have always liked Schoop ever since I saw him play in the minors and I had the opportunity to get my first piece, a #37 spring training jersey from 2013, during the 2014 Orioles FanFest thanks to fellow forum member Geoff. For those who follow the O's he now wears #6. Fast forward to last year and my fiancé and I were on our first road trip to watch the Orioles play in Milwaukee as I consider the Brewers my NL team and they very rarely play each other. My fiancé and I had been dating for just 7 months at the time and she was still relatively new to baseball. Before one of the ballgames I had a GU baseball and the jersey of his that I wanted to get signed. I gave my fiancé the jersey and I said you have one mission for the next 30 minutes while they warm up, try and get him to sign this. About 20 minutes later I see my fiancé darting down about 4 sections to where she saw him. I was chasing after her as I didn't know what she was doing as I didn't see him. She got there but was about 5 rows back. Ordinarily this would be trouble but she started yelling hey #37. Schoop stopped what he was doing looked up and pointed to her and asked her for the jersey, while being a little shocked at the same time. The fans in Milwaukee were nice enough to hand the jersey up to him and he put a nice signature on the 3. She had a huge smile on her face after that. I knew then that we were going to be hooked on him as he made us a fan for life, especially my fiancé. I am a fan of the nice guys in the sport and Schoop certainly fits that mold. Ironically enough we got a couple autograph vouchers for this year's FanFest held last January and we talked to Schoop about the #37 jersey and he actually remembered us. It was pretty cool.

So over the past couple years I have amassed a pretty good sized collection of his. Here is what I have:

1st Picture - In the first picture the before mentioned #37 jersey is featured front and center. Along with that are his St. Patrick's Day hats from 2014 and 2015, a pair of game used cleats from 2012, a game used nameplate from the 2014 ALDS, and various bats shown later.

2nd Picture - Jerseys and bats detailed in further photos.

3rd Picture - Game used hats from the 2014 Civil Rights Game against Houston and the 2012 Arizona Fall League

4th Picture - Game used jersey from game 4 of the ALCS along with a game used ALCS nameplate. This set of postseason jerseys were the only ones sold by the Orioles which were not washed, to my knowledge, after they were worn. The Orioles sold a set of black ones as well as game used but I believe those were washed. The rest of the postseason jerseys the O's sold were sold as game issued. Clear signs of game use are shown by the dirt/pine tar stains on the shoulders of the jersey.

5th Picture - Game used 2014 Civil Rights Baltimore Elite Giants game used jersey against Houston. Schoop signed this game used on the number. Great looking jersey! Also have the pants and the before mentioned hat to go with it.

6th Picture - 8 Game Used baseballs from his rookie year in 2014. Included in the bunch are his 2nd career HBP, career hits 28, 83, 85, 87, 88, & 91, career doubles 17 & 18, and career RBIs 14, 37, 38, 42, & 43.

7th Picture - One of my favorite items, a game used Homerun baseball. This ball was hit against Jeff Samardzija of the Oakland A's for career homerun #8, career hit #64, and career RBIs 23 & 24.

8th Picture - Two significant bats of his. The solid black LS on the left was used this year for Schoop's first career Grand Slam against the Blue Jays. I was able to photomatch the tape job and the ball marks on the bat. There is a good chance this may have another home run at least as well but I am still working on that photomatch. Given that Schoop has only played 9 games this year and this bat is pounded this has a chance to have been used for most of his early season play. The second bat, the two tone LS on the right, is an Adam Jones model bat used by Schoop in the 2014 postseason.

9th Picture - Various different model bats used by Schoop. The two Chandlers were used by Schoop during his rookie year in 2014 and are MLB authenticated. The D-bat was used by Schoop sometime during 2012. My goal eventually is to get an example of every model bat he has used. I think I have almost all of them now. These Chandlers are pretty rare as he didn't use them very long.

10th Picture - Game used Phoenix bat used I believe during his stint in the Minor Leagues. Pretty unique bat and is a departure from the bats he normally uses.

11th Picture - Team issued black postseason jersey. The jersey doesn't show much use and was probably not worn, but still cool none the less.

Not picture here and that will be posted later today is a game used #87 2012 home white Spring Training jersey. This was Schoop's very first Spring Training jersey and is pounded with use. Thanks to forum member Geoff for this awesome piece.

Thanks for looking at this guys. I haven't shared too much on here but wanted to give you an insight as to what I have. As always if you have any Schoop GU items please give me holler at bigp4229@yahoo.com. Thanks all!

Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Couldn't attach the 11th picture to the thread.

Oops, forgot this one. I humbly refer to this bat as the chia bat with all the grass on it stuck to the pine tar. Its interesting to see how Schoop does his bats. Some have tape jobs, some have no tape jobs and little to no pine tar, and some, like this one, have pine tar all over the bat.

Great looking Schoop displays. And anything I can do to help out your Orioles collection I am happy to do it for you bro.

From the top: 2015 ST, 2015 ST, 2015 ST, 2014 MLB auth, 2014, 2014 uncracked photomatched, 2013 WS, 2013 NLCS Gm 6 MLB auth & photomatched, 2012 uncracked signed, 2010 MLB auth photomatched & signed, 2010 All Star Game bat MLB auth & signed, 2009 first All Star Game photomatched & signed, 2009 LS, 2006 LS signed, 2005 LS signed, 2005 Pujols model photomatched, 2005 LS uncracked, 2005 LS uncracked. And those are just the bats....

Banned

Great Yadi collection Jason!

Doing a little hording over there Jay?

Here is my updated group of current Paul O'Neill bats in the collection...also, highlighting 4 of them, 1 in particular, that have especially heavy cleat marks throughout the barrel.

Nice revival of a great thread Ben! What a great collection of O'Neill bats. One thing that has to be great about collecting Paulie is that his bats are often used to death. Great stuff!