Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: MLB/team shilling?

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    I have spoke with MLB and they want to look into this issue. Please provide me all user names you suspect of schill bidding, I will report to them and let you know the outcome.

Thanks
    Cardsgurl16 - this is the only one I can confidently question at this point.

Anyone else want to add to the list. I got an email about the bidder Terms? Anyone is welcome to email me to add to the list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    I have spoke with MLB and they want to look into this issue. Please provide me all user names you suspect of schill bidding, I will report to them and let you know the outcome.

Thanks
    Based on my experiences bidding on Nationals items in MLB auctions, I didn't think the MLB people really cared, so this is at least encouraging news.

The impression I get, based on both NFL and MLB auctions, and individual team auctions, is that most of those involved think we are a bunch of idiots who are going to spend our money on things we want, regardless of shilling and regardless of whether or not the items are even legit. What evidence have we provided to make them think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post
    Cardsgurl16 - this is the only one I can confidently question at this point.
    I agree here!

I see terms and 509th bidding a lot. However I have seen items that terms has won showing up on eBay. The auction for Johnny Cueto First Game-Used Royals Jersey - Size 52 was won by terms for $918 and showed up for $5000 on eBay a few days after they won it.

How ironic that since the question has been raised about this bidder ID on here that not one bid has been placed using it and several auctions have ran..........interesting. And I am seeing several new IDs that are completely new to the bidding on Cardinals auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    How ironic that since the question has been raised about this bidder ID on here that not one bid has been placed using it and several auctions have ran..........interesting. And I am seeing several new IDs that are completely new to the bidding on Cardinals auctions.
    I am thinking Cardsgurl16 is just on vacation or busy at work

Should be noted you can change your Bidder ID so the person could have just changed it. I try to change my after every item I win just so my identity won't effect how others bid against me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Should be noted you can change your Bidder ID so the person could have just changed it. I try to change my after every item I win just so my identity won't effect how others bid against me.
    Interesting. I am changing my user name to be Curt Shilling this afternoon.

Is this problem with suspected shill bidding still going on in MLB Auctions?...I have not bid for a few years, as every time it seemed like Terms or Mustafa Cat would run me up incessantly. So, I popped over there recently and tracked some items the last few weeks and most of the gear I looked at had Joe Soss and some other names putting bid after bid on them, and it wasn't for just one player. If legit, I can't understand the bidding strategy, other than to just to run guys up. Maybe this is coincidental, I know the card companies bid heavy...Is the same issue happening on Cardinals gear that was discussed above?