Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Suggested changes in authentication and sales

I agree some basic training woukd be beneficial. I had a clerk in the Rangers team store tell me they had a Beltre home run ball and it was ridiculously low. I ran the MLB hologram and jt came back to some other random Ranger and was a pitch in the dirt. If he had known how to do this, he wouldn't have had it mislabeled. Had my hopes up for a minute there, haha!

The Rangers developed a much improved system last year. A knowledgeable guy, with some in-game contact with the authenticator, had a booth in the concourse. Unlike the grand slam store during games, one could easily see and examine the items. He also had knowledgeable help staff when busy. I hope they continue that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    Rangers are still with Fanatics and the Braves are the same as they have always been with the exception that Lisa moved on to another position within the organization so the gameusedstore@braves.com is the better email address right now.
    Its too bad Lisa has moved on. IMO the folks at the helm currently dont stack up to Lisa. My favorite braves sales tactic at the moment is when they send out an email and say in the fine print that due to the big demand for such and such item, you have to be all paid up within 2 hours or the next in line gets it. Lol. What a joke. The braves are running a museum with alot of their jacked up (literally) prices. Lisa would at least negotiate. Alyse, who appears to be sending out the braves sales email doesnt seem real keen to negotiate. It will be interesting to see if prices are more sensible down the road given the train wreck the 2016 braves team is. With 2016 being the last year at turner field, i bet the mass produced braves game used "memorabilia" jerseys will continue unabated.

I just contacted Alyse at gameusedstore@braves.com, thanks to the address helpfully provided on this thread. Alyse was prompt and very helpful with me, providing specific info including ball history, fixed and reasonable prices, and no admonitions except the reasonable "our inventory changes daily" as it of course does.

I was ordering balls, so things may differ with other kinds of items. Most staff working within a large bureaucracy have no power to negotiate.