Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

Pretty sure players keep their super bowl jerseys.

Cool story from Boomer Esiason and he name dropped "Dan Goldin" as well

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Cool story from Boomer Esiason and he name dropped "Dan Goldin" as well
    He got company name right at least lol

Here is the ESPN episode on stolen jersey I am on

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18638848

Great articles all w/Ken, and Boomer spoke well of the hobby comparing it to collecting art. There's a new article out telling of the initial steps of the investigation where they have a time frame in which the jersey was taken. There's no surveillance cameras in the locker room but there is in the hallway outside. Whether the camera gives a good vantage point of who goes in and out of the door would be good. But even a camera not covering the door, but showing the hallway, is of value for showing during that time frame for example someone moving like they just discovered plutonium, or carrying something, or holding something under a jacket. You still have to find out if the players were going to keep their jerseys. But with the immediate notification to find it that was not expected, the person may have panicked and the jersey may very well still be there, behind a locker room soda machine, in an adjacent office placed inside a drop ceiling, any place. And that wouldn't be seen on surveillance.

If he knows where it is while law enforcement is looking for it, I'm pretty sure he is obstructing justice.

To switch up the topic: Is provenance of this jersey now in question, as the chain of custody is messed up? I read where Strahan believes his Super Bowl jersey was stolen and swapped for an imposter! I would think Bradys jersey could be photo matched though.

He also said his 2014 Super Bowl jersey was stolen. Did they ever recover that one? Maybe the same person stole both of them

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    He also said his 2014 Super Bowl jersey was stolen. Did they ever recover that one? Maybe the same person stole both of them
    I didn't know that. Not the biggest thing going on in the world this is, but interesting.

Well Brady said he put the jersey in his bag, so that seems to indicate the players, or at least he, were keeping the jersey. I find it amazing though that at this point, that the NFL doesn't have an authentication program in place-MLB style. If they do-they're pretty sloppy in collecting said items because the player can hand off some other jersey....Anyone know who's in charge of Patriots game used? Who on the Patriots is a contracted memorabilia signer/attendee at shows/ has sold his items recently to dealers? Remember the not that long ago situation when a Yankee teammate stole Jeter's glove? Takes a lot of b4llz to go into a bag in a locker with everyone there, at the biggest most watched event. Sounding less like media. Well, if found identified properly and vouchered for the case, it will have rock solid provenance never before seen. The signed police paperwork alone will sell in the thousands. $500,000 for the jersey may be an understatement.