Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Banned

Talking Re: May 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Thanks! the pine tar and tape are a nice combo, just as long as you can move past the peeing on the hands thing.
    I recall the shudders from Cubs fans back in 2003 when it was reported that Moises Alou peed on his hands. I thought it was LOL funny!

Dave Miedema

Banned

Cool Re: May 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    1970 California Angels Flannel - Greg Garrett - All original.
    Could you email me? I have some additional information regarding the Angels flannel.

Dave Miedema
    sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Re: May 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Would you want to get something this nice signed with Aaron's current signature?
    Yes, admit that is my concern too. If it was guaranteed I could get the smooth variety, less shaky, then I would do it. But I wouldn't want that to ruin an item like this...plus, if I have to navigate the whole send-in process with Steiner just to get it done, I would probably be completely anxiety ridden too.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Great Aaron bat, Ben.
    Thanks, Nate and all you guys

'65-'68 Carl Yastrzemski bat - Triple Crown and MVP era

I picked up this great Yaz, along with a really nice Rico Petrocelli, that both originated directly from the family of a 30-year Red Sox central front-office person. She worked there from around '46-'77, alongside both Tom Yawkey and the GM, receiving bats as gifts directly from the likes of Yaz, Ted, etc. over the years.
    This Yastrzemski is one of the nicest I have seen, absolutely crushed with use, with the faded snow man 8 on the knob. There is also extremely deep right barrel scoring as well, with seam marks over all sides of the bat.
    The mid-60s period was a big one for Yaz as he captured the Triple Crown and MVP in 1967 hitting .326 with 44 home runs and 121 RBIs while leading the Red Sox in their Impossible Dream season and carrying them on his back all the way to Game 7 of the Series, falling to the Cards. There don't seem to be many 60s bats of Yaz, especially with heavier use.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Some more pics of the use...

Yaz bat is amazing!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '65-'68 Carl Yastrzemski bat - Triple Crown and MVP era

I picked up this great Yaz, along with a really nice Rico Petrocelli, that both originated directly from the family of a 30-year Red Sox central front-office person. She worked there from around '46-'77, alongside both Tom Yawkey and the GM, receiving bats as gifts directly from the likes of Yaz, Ted, etc. over the years.
    This Yastrzemski is one of the nicest I have seen, absolutely crushed with use, with the faded snow man 8 on the knob. There is also extremely deep right barrel scoring as well, with seam marks over all sides of the bat.
    The mid-60s period was a big one for Yaz as he captured the Triple Crown and MVP in 1967 hitting .326 with 44 home runs and 121 RBIs while leading the Red Sox in their Impossible Dream season and carrying them on his back all the way to Game 7 of the Series, falling to the Cards. There don't seem to be many 60s bats of Yaz, especially with heavier use.
    Superb bat, Ben. Also, in 1968 (The Year of The Pitcher), Yaz was the only batting title qualifier to hit over .300, winning the crown with .301. The runner-up (Danny Cater) hit just .295.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Talking Re: May 2017 Pickups

Just got in a Geovanni Soto White Sox BP jersey from his first go-round with the Pale Hose. Soto was NL ROY when he finally stayed up with the Cubs, and was always nice to me then and in both his stints with the Chisox (currently back, but on the DL).

Dave Miedema

Picked up a 1993 felipe alou manager jersey.....pretty excited about it. Dave i know you authenticated the size 48 one goldin auctioned off in 2016, this one is size 46 from classic auctions. I have a team signed 93 bat that this will pair nicely with