Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Theft

Re: UPS Theft

I've not yet had a problem with UPS delivered items as far as contents stolen - granted, we're not talking about a huge volume of stuff like some of you folks deal with on a regular basis, but everything I've gotten from collegejersey had arrived ok (although the collegejersey brown boxes looked like they'd be used as a baseball when i got them, but at least the jerseys were all there).

Birdbats, collegejersey changed the boxes they use to ship jerseys (at least recently in my last few purchases). Previously, they were oversized brown boxes that you could easily open without much effort. Lately, they've been the boxes similar to those that USPS gives away for priority mail - someone would have to blatantly rip open the box to steal the jerseys now, fwiw.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Bigcatbaseball

When I'm dealing with a MaC bat I would rather have my bat shipped over night.I never had a problem.However I did have a problem with the post office when it was shipped regular mail.

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

BTW I hate the inconsistencies of Airports Security.

I feel that it would be much harder for someone to open a tightly and well wrapped package, this is why i use several layers of tape and always insure. If you use several layers of tape and the package is still tampered with it is much more obvious foul play is involved.

This recently happened to a box my dad sent back to a collector in the NY/NJ area. The box contained 2 Pujols game bats and a Soriano bat. When the customer received his bats back, the Soriano was not in the box. There was a slit cut into the box and taped back up. I guess the police have been contacted and UPS is investigating (whatever that means). Apparently, this has happened to other collectors in the area.

brett

Another missing Soriano?

Methinks somethings amiss here!

Re: UPA Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Seems that he picked up a ton of rings one day and took off with everything. It later turned up in an Ohio pawn shop where it was purchased by the owner from some crackhead off the street.

"I'm not saying she smokes crack...she's just a little crackish..."

BTPH - Now that's funny!

Good Work!

Re: UPA Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Bigcat - what was the starting and ending destination for your bat? Since Andrew had one stolen by UPS, maybe there's a common location that these bats are traveling through.............
    Good idea!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcatbaseball View Post
    I just received an empty bat tube delivered by UPS. The best I can tell, someone at UPS opened the tube, removed the Jeff Kent game used bat and replaced the bat with rolled up plastic trash bags. They left the LOA behind. This sounds like a similar situation with another collector who lost Soriano bats rcently through UPS. I hope this is not a trend but I have some concerns that this might become an issue for other collectors. I have not been able to discuss this with UPS but I dont have any real hope in finding the bat as this is not a simple case of a lost item in transit but the deliberate act of a disreputable SOB.

This happened to me also. I was luckily at home waiting for the bat to be delivered. UPS arrived and did not knock or ring the doorbell. I happened to see him running back to truck. I opened the door to find an empty box. I yelled to the UPS guy and told him the box was empty. I told him how could he leave the box there, knowing it was empty. He somewhat played it off. I immediately call my local UPS and went down there immediately. Amazingly, so they say, they found the bat in a bin and believe the bat fell out. Give me a break. I was lucky to be home when he delivered it and most importantly ran down to UPS and raised hell. No question in my mind, someone knew what is was and intended to steal it.