Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MLB hologram problems

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I called someone at MLB who has also helped me in the past. If you send me your missing Hologram #'s she will research it for me.

thanks. Andrew
    Three out of Four Batting Helmets purchased directly from the Devil Rays (Bottom Feeders) are not correctly entered into the system !!

One of the helmets wasn't even entered , I have tried calling MLB.COM multiple times and talked to a few supervisors . Emails are always returned undeliverable due to a full in-box !

If I were a few french fries short of a happy meal or not firing on all cylinders ! The Devil Rays would be in a heap of trouble and I would go postal on them . However due to the fact I don't like the thought of being Bubba's little bitch in prison, I'll have to refrain myself from those thoughts .

I have tried for months and months to get these corrected . I have been told wrong info on what to do to get this fixed by so many people with in the Devil Rays organization , I want to puke all over them .

Andrew, if you could help me get these two fixed I would owe you BIG time ! I have ran out of ideas on how to fix this . My only other option is to hire an attorney , for I am being ignored by the Devil Rays. Last week I was told by the Devil Rays that there was NO way to get the holograms entered correctly into the database .

Here's the numbers and what the items should be .

Wow , I just checked my numbers again and now BB 008810 shows as a game used helmet now (doesn't list Josh Paul's name or TBTC though). I have the helmet photo matched .

BB 008833 is the one that is CORRECT and the way I think the items should be entered (see below).

Hologram number BB008833 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under Batting Helmets.

Product Description: Signed by #14 Norton
    Session Product Description: Game-Used Batting Helmet
    Game: Throwback Day

Session Name: Atlanta Braves¿@¿Tampa Bay Devil Rays

That leaves two to be corrected :

Julio Lugo 2006 TBTC G/U Batting Helmet BB 089838

Josh Paul 2006 Devil Rays G/U Batting Helmet BB 485074 (originally not listed in database, now listed as team issued)

Name:  joshpaul3.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  joshpaul1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  199.1 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Here's a picture of my Lugo helmet....

Name:  lugohelmet1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  396.1 KB

Name:  lugohelmet3.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  301.5 KB
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

[quote=camarokids;52200]
    Wow , I just checked my numbers again and now BB 008810 shows as a game used helmet now (doesn't list Josh Paul's name or TBTC though). I have the helmet photo matched . [quote]

Correction, The Josh Paul I have photo matched is NOT the TBTC but the regular season helmet from 2006 #BB 485074 . Pictures posted above or below.
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

I bought a game used base from Aug 31 in the Cardinals team store and it still isnt in the system yet.

[quote=camarokids;52250]
    Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Wow , I just checked my numbers again and now BB 008810 shows as a game used helmet now (doesn't list Josh Paul's name or TBTC though). I have the helmet photo matched .

Correction, The Josh Paul I have photo matched is NOT the TBTC but the regular season helmet from 2006 #BB 485074 . Pictures posted above or below.
    They responded quickly as my contact had to give it to another person and here was the response:

Andrew-

These holograms are correct in the system; since the use on these items was not witnessed they can not be called “Game-used” in our system.

MP

I've also encountered problems with the MLB hologram program. A few months ago I purchased a Chris Young game used jersey for top dollar through the San Diego Padres auction site (which is co-sponsored and a part of the MLB game used program). When I got the jersey and verified the MLB hologram usng the the MLB website, all it said was that the item was autographed by Chris Young on a certain date. There was no indicatation that this is an authentic game worn jersey, even though the auction description advertised it as such. So for all I know, what they sent me was an authentic jersey with a Chris Young autograph. (The jersey itself does not display any obvious game use). I have tried to email the MLB hologram program folks about this but they don't reply. I'm very unhappy about this and won't buy from this program again. They don't have any idea what customer service is and they certainly don't have a very keen understanding of what collectors expect in the game used market.
    --Steve

Banned

I have one for you. My only purchase through MLB auctions was for a "Montreal Expos Jon Rauch Game-Used Montreal Expos Jersey with Puerto Rico Patch."
    The description also read, "The jersey was worn during the Marlins/Expos Game on 9/27/04."
    Well, from the pictures posted, I could see that there was no Puerto Rico patch on the sleeve but it didn't bother me since the Expos didn't have them on their sleeves at the end of September.
    Here's the kicker - when I look up the hologram number in the MLB database here is all it says:

Session Product Description: Home jersey of J.Rauch

Session Name: FLORIDA MARLINS @ MONTREAL EXPOS

Session Date: 2004-09-27 00:00

Autographer:

Authenticator: Deloitte & Touche

[quote=allstarsplus;52364]
    Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post

They responded quickly as my contact had to give it to another person and here was the response:

Andrew-

These holograms are correct in the system; since the use on these items was not witnessed they can not be called “Game-used” in our system.

MP
    I appreciate your help Andrew !

Now , I am sure you all are seeing the source of my frustration here ! I think the answer is insane ! Two of the three TBTC Helmets I bought are listed as game used , the Julio Lugo is NOT!

If you want to know how stupid these people are ? Of the three TBTC helmets I bought , the two that are listed as game used are players that did NOT play in the actual game . Julio Lugo actually played in the game , but his helmet is not listed as game used . They even have the wrong team , it was Braves @ Devil Rays . BB 089838 :

Hologram number BB089838 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under Batting Helmets.

Product Description: Signed Helmet
    Session Product Description: Signed Helmet

Session Name: Boston Red Sox¿@¿Tampa Bay Devil Rays

I bought the items from the team . Picked them up myself at Tropicana Field . I have the team letters !
    MLB you suck ! I will not buy another item from MLB !

I pay a fricken premium for items directly from a "team" w/ MLB authentication and they don't match up . I guess the next step is , I will have to find a lawyer ! F O Devil Rays & MLB !
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Andrew - any luck with my Schneider number?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Andrew - any luck with my Schneider number?
    No answer yet as they said they will need some time to research. Maybe we can help you figure it out the missing #'s on the hologram if you can send a pic of the holo + let us know the date you received the bat.

Andrew