Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Derek Jeter Game Used Fielding Glove on eBay! Is it real ???

to add a little bit to what rob steinmetz said, if you'll go to the rawlings website you'll notice that their lowest-end gloves have the RBG code. the highest-end gloves have the PRO code. jeter's model from the "Heart of the Hide" line would be PRO-DJ2. most of the game-used rawlings gloves i've seen have been from either the Pro Preferred, Heart of the Hide, or Pro Preferred lines. All 3 of those lines are considered the high-end lines and have codes that begin with "PRO". it's tough to imagine that jeter would use a model from one of the lowest-end lines.

that said, i noticed this entry on auctionreport.com, detailing a lot in Mastro's August 13 auction.

"Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game Used Mitt
    This black leather right-handed fielder's tool features a "Rawlings" manufacturer's label sewn to the fur-lined wrist backing and the glove giant's trademark "R' logo sewn just to the right. On the thumb's outer portion, "Derek Jeter" is embroidered in white cursive characters. An "RBGDJ2 - 11-1/2 INCH" model, the glove shows light use. LOA from Dave Bushing & Troy Kinunen/MEARS. Minimum bid $1,000."

rudy.

Hey Guys,

I am the seller of this glove. Thanks for everyone who dropped me a line to alert me to its authenticity. I have taken down the auction. I have only dealt with bats over the past 10 years, so my expertise on gloves is limited. I appreciate not only everyone's willingness to share with me their thoughts on the glove but also thier patience before jumping to conclusions regarding my intentions. I am glad that we have such a great community that we can all watch out for each other in this way. I am committed, like all of us, to having a safe forum for discussion and exchange, I am glad that, thanks to your dillegence, I was made aware of a spurious piece - which I had thought was authentic - and was able to end the auction before a transaction was made. You saved a lot of headaches for me and for a potential buyer. Keep up the good work forum.

-Zak

Quote Originally Posted by gamebatsports View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am the seller of this glove. Thanks for everyone who dropped me a line to alert me to its authenticity. I have taken down the auction. I have only dealt with bats over the past 10 years, so my expertise on gloves is limited. I appreciate not only everyone's willingness to share with me their thoughts on the glove but also thier patience before jumping to conclusions regarding my intentions. I am glad that we have such a great community that we can all watch out for each other in this way. I am committed, like all of us, to having a safe forum for discussion and exchange, I am glad that, thanks to your dillegence, I was made aware of a spurious piece - which I had thought was authentic - and was able to end the auction before a transaction was made. You saved a lot of headaches for me and for a potential buyer. Keep up the good work forum.

-Zak
    Kudos Gamebatsports! Many would still continue to sell and ignore the warnings. It's nice to see someone more concerned about doing the right thing, than being more concerned about the almighty dollar.

Kudos to all forum members...another superb job!

Well done to all!

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Kudos Gamebatsports! Many would still continue to sell and ignore the warnings. It's nice to see someone more concerned about doing the right thing, than being more concerned about the almighty dollar.

Kudos to all forum members...another superb job!

Well done to all!

Regards, Tony
    Agreed!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by gamebatsports View Post
    Hey Guys,

-Zak
    Thanks a lot for having class and pulling the auction . I hope you can return the glove to wherever you received it so you can get your money back .
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

All of us appreciate your honesty. You are the kind of seller we need in this hobby. Thanks I was one of those viewers who was interested in the glove. This is one of those times that shows how this forum helps those of us who are still less knowledgeable about game used items than some of the other members. We learn new things every day.

Guys

Have bought several things from Zak he is a great guy and very stand up. If you have any questions about anything he takes the item back no questions. Zak is solid!!!!

Jason in Sarasota!

Who is Zak? Does he have a store or a buisiness? Thanks.

I collect and sell some things here and there...no store or business. But I always have new things I need to move. Email me at zak@brring.com if you ever need somethinG!