Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Arod Glove on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    The 02/03 are the years when he won the gold glove. Its not a numbering system.
    I assumed it was a numbering system, especially consider the auction deccription states:

This Rawling Gold Glove was used by Alex Rodriguez dating back from his 2003 and 2004 season (his first season as the N.Y. Yankees) !!

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Has this glove been auctioned before? I thought I remembered seeing a glove with the "I love NY' inscription sometime ago.

I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auct...69.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I believe i found the place where it was auctioned off. http://robertedwardauctions.com/auct...69.html#photos

knowing this and the person on ebay with no previous sale on ebay, is it possible that the photo and description was taken from here with the intend of fraud?

it just seem usual for such an item to not have a minimum bid if the person bought it for over 3K.
    Nice work! I contacted the seller on three different occasions over the past couple of days, with no response.

I contacted ebay and recommended they cancel this auction until the seller can prove to them that they have the glove in their possession.
    I also provided them the link to the auction in which the glove was originally sold.

Numerous emails to the seller with no response.

Does anyone have any information as to whether this glove is authentic and can the loa's be trusted (Is ARod authenticated still in business?) and do we know now if the seller has the glove and if he does why is there no reserve if it previously sold for over $3,000.00 After contacting ebay has anyone heard anything. I hate the "I love NY" but I might have been interested if the above questions were addressed. Do the loa's describe why the glove should be considered used since no picture of the palm.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Does anyone have any information as to whether this glove is authentic and can the loa's be trusted (Is ARod authenticated still in business?) and do we know now if the seller has the glove and if he does why is there no reserve if it previously sold for over $3,000.00 After contacting ebay has anyone heard anything. I hate the "I love NY" but I might have been interested if the above questions were addressed. Do the loa's describe why the glove should be considered used since no picture of the palm.
    I contacted ebay at 5:00am this morning via their live help. I also contact them. Still, the auction is active. I provided them the link to the auction which the glove sold for $3,000 and still it's active.

Ebay has to do a better job with this. If it sells, and the buyers pays and doesn't receive the glove, it's EBAYS fault.

Regards, Tony

GUF readers,

Seconds ago (literally), the seller canceled all bids and ended his auction early. I received the following email from the seller in response to my query:

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:56:10 -0400
    Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, 03-04 ALEX RODRIGUEZ GAM...

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:42:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, member@ebay.com writes:

Hi

My Arod glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
    My final price for the glove is $980.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
    I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
    I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
    Thanks and sorry for delay
    Mark Mancini

Best,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I received the same email.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    GUF readers,

Seconds ago (literally), the seller canceled all bids and ended his auction early. I received the following email from the seller in response to my query:

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:56:10 -0400
    Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, 03-04 ALEX RODRIGUEZ GAM...

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:42:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, member@ebay.com writes:

Hi

My Arod glove is not on ebay anymore but is still available for sale. My usual schedule was modified because I have to take care of some business, so I had to go to Spain and that's why I have closed the auction.
    My final price for the glove is $980.00 including all the shipping costs and insurance.
    I must add that you'll have the opportunity to inspect the item before you actually pay for it.
    I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.
    Mark Mancini

Best,
    Reid
    I find this odd, especially considering I emailed the seller on numerous occasions requesting a scan of the LOA (As the seller stated to do so in the auction) and never received a response.

I also sent him the link from when this glove was sold for $3,000. With that said, he then ends the auction and still offers the glove, with supposedly solid documentation, and still later offers it up for only $980. TOTAL FRAUD!

I just got a response complete with photos, LOA documentation, etc.
    Was any of this stuff posted in the autction description?

Dave

Hi

Mark Mancini

Attached Images Attached Images